The 17 Best Content Marketing Courses Curated for 2024
Not getting the results you want with your content marketing? In this post, we’re featuring the best content marketing courses to help you level up your content game.
So you want to get better at content marketing. If you are new to marketing, trying to improve a skill like copywriting or simply looking to learn more, this is the right place to get started.
How hard is content marketing?
A short answer: It takes work. Learning content marketing is not hard per se. Plenty of fantastic online marketing courses make it easy and relatively accessible. But it takes time, practice, and dedication to become a good content marketer.
A content marketing course is one of the best resources to learn about content marketing. It’s your starting point to becoming a better content marketer.
In this guide, you’ll discover 17 top content marketing courses that will help you master the intricacies of the content marketing ecosystem, expand your career horizons, and teach you how to create a content marketing strategy.
Best Content Marketing Courses
Are you looking to gain advanced-level content marketing skills to generate leads, traffic, and sales with your content? Are you willing to put in the strive it takes to complete a mini degree? Then this content marketing certification program by CXL institute is for you.
After hours of videos and study material, you’ll learn how to create and implement a full content promotion strategy that works. You’ll discover how to select the appropriate topics, put them together into a strategy, and promote the content on the most effective distribution channels.
At the end of this program, you’ll be able to identify the topic areas your business should own, plan and produce high quality content only on these topics, and win traffic, leads, links, and shares with that content. If you’re chasing vanity metrics or looking for cheap hacks, this program isn’t for you.
The program is taught by instructors who are carefully hand-picked and vetted to ensure they are the best in the world at what they do.
- Founder: Peep Laja
- What you’ll learn: Content marketing research, user research, advanced keyword research, content production, content distribution, ROI for content marketing, attribution, and more
- Who’s it for: Budding content marketers, content editors & strategists, SEO experts, and social media influencers
- Duration: 49 hours and 23 minutes
- Price: €912 for the first user and €820.19 for each additional user (for teams)
- Register: Purchase the complete program here
Matthew Roach, Digital & Marketing Director at Harbour Hotels Group
Anyone would benefit from CXL Institute, and that goes from interns up to CEOs. That’s really been the case in our company. After their training series you’re fully equipped… you can go off and implement your learnings straight away.
The content marketing course by Growth & Convert is a complete system for performing content marketing for virtually any business, including writing, content strategy, and converting traffic from the content. With this course, you’ll confidently walk into any company and discover:
- What they’re not doing correctly
- What opportunities are untapped
- How they should shift their content strategy
- How to measure conversions
This is a course like no other; it is case-study based in order to help you learn the strategies that work best for your business type – GrowthMentor is an example of their B2C case study business. The course videos are simple screencasts that only take 5-15 minutes of your time.
To support the dynamic nature of content marketing courses, Growth & Convert has built theirs as an ever-evolving discussion. Instead of watching a static repository of videos, this course constantly updates to add new lessons, concepts, and methods being tested.
The course also incorporates a member community where you can interact with other members over videos, ask questions, and listen to expert videos from pros like Brian Dean – founder of Backlinko.
- Founders: Benji Hyam and Davesh Khanal
- What you’ll learn: Content strategy, writing, promotion, and conversions
- Who’s it for: Beginners, B2B marketers, B2C businesses, and SaaS enterprises
- Price: The course has a lifetime pricing of $699. You can pay through a 6-month payment plan for $135/month
- Register: Join the program and start learning here
Dave Peralta, Outreach Marketer at Hotjar
This is the course I wish I had when I first started out as a content marketer. It would have saved me months of wasted effort. The moment I started applying the promotional techniques that Benji & Devesh outline, I had my first post hit 6k unique views in just 3 days.
Want to level up your current content team with the best professional development program? Then this is the membership for you, which includes best content marketing courses. For the fraction of the cost of a conference, your content team will benefit from in-depth content marketing strategy courses, monthly networking opportunities, and regular office hours with seasoned content operators.
This course doesn’t just give graduate-level content education, it provides a balanced curriculum, the opportunity to contribute to course topics, as well as help navigating real-world content challenges.
Superpath Pro is constantly building and launching new online courses too. Currently, the membership will give you access to 7 products:
- 10 advanced content marketing concepts
- A study of the content team structure
- How to conduct a funnel depth audit
- How to build a successful and lucrative career in content marketing
- How to report on content marketing
- How to talk to your CMO about content marketing
Want to preview the course before signing up? Just provide your email and you’ll receive a few samples of what to expect.
- Founder: Jimmy Daly
- What you’ll learn: Advanced content marketing concepts, content team structure, building a successful content marketing career, and how to report on content marketing among others
- Who’s it for: Content managers, heads of content, directors of content, journalists, content marketers, and freelancers
- Price: $50 per month per person or $500 per year
- Register: Buy the Superpath course here
Sam Shepler, CEO at TestimonialHero.com
Three things I love about Superpath
(1) Solves a real problem. Very few content marketers have access to high-quality educational opportunities. (2) Delivers it in multiple modes (courses, calls, slack, etc) AND stacks biz models (ie the job board). (3) Logical yet innovative progression, given his background—great way to deliver awesome value w/ more scale and help more people.
If you’re building a paid community of any kind, tons to learn here. If you’re building a content marketing career, tons to learn as well!
Ready to level up your content marketing skills?
The content marketing course by The Blueprint Training isn’t your conventional marketing training – and it could be the missing link to your marketing efforts. Implemented by over 500 marketing professionals, this training has quickly become the go-to manual for agencies that want to build their content teams in-house.
You’ll learn using process-focused video training to understand the content marketing process. This 17-module course includes topics on SERP intent, content tactics, audience personas, content strategies and topic ideation among others.
Your course membership gives you lifetime access to a Slack channel with more than 500 agency owners sharing their knowledge on a daily basis. You can also schedule 1-on-1 consulting calls to iron out any issues you could be experiencing.
- Founder: James Reynolds
- What you’ll learn: Creation and management of content generation, how to execute multiple content tactics, content strategy, technical SEO audit, link outreach, and SEO reporting
- Who’s it for: Agencies, in-house teams, and marketers
- Price: $2,999 for lifetime access. You can pay in 3 installments
- Register: You can register by booking a 45 minute agency diagnostic call for qualifying your suitability
John Saunders, CEO at 5Four Digital
The frameworks taught in The Blueprint have helped my agency scale to new heights.
Are you tired of generic content marketing advice that doesn’t address the actual purpose of content marketing? Then you need to enroll in this content marketing course that teaches you how to develop profitable content marketing campaigns in the shortest time possible. This content marketing framework is anchored around the philosophy: delivering the right message to the right audience at the right time.
This course starts off by helping you understand the role of content marketing in your marketing funnel as well as the importance of differentiating content marketing strategies and copywriting. You’ll interact with proven content formulas on how to create blog posts, social media posts, YouTube videos, and podcasts that attract huge traffic to your website.
This interactive course offers printable/downloadable slides, quizzes at the end of each lecture, free lifetime course updates, and a risk-free 100% money-back guarantee.
- Founder: Sophie Tahran
- What you’ll learn: Content fundamentals, optimization, audience segmentation, building a content calendar, channel selection, effective copywriting, starting a content program from scratch, and more
- Who’s it for: Agencies, content marketers, and copywriters
- Price: $997 for lifetime access
- Register: Purchase their content marketing course here
Roy Povarchik, CEO & Founder of Stardom.io
As a growth consultant working with tech companies, I’m also in-need of sharpening and updating my skill set. Sometimes it’s just reminders or advanced tactics and strategies, sometimes it can be learning a whole new skill. I’ve taken many ClickMinded courses that have helped me do a better job for the companies I work with and close higher ticket clients.
The Content Marketing Institute certification course is a self-paced program covering the full spectrum of content marketing, including planning, channels, target audience, process, conversation, and measurement. Enrolling in this program gives you exclusive and complete access to all materials for a period of 1 year from your sign-up date. All lessons are available upon subscription, and you’ll have immediate access to any new lessons added to the curriculum.
The course instructors are the best-in-class content marketing educators, authors, and practitioners who have been carefully handpicked by the CMI team to create engaging content. They include Andrew Davis, Ardath Albee, Doug Kessler, and Margot Bloomstein.
While you can enroll as an individual, the course also offers group licenses for teams or entire organizations.
- Offered by: Content Marketing Institute
- What you’ll learn: Covers the full spectrum of content marketing, from planning and process to conversation and measurement
- Who’s it for: Professional content marketers, agencies, corporations, and nonprofits
- Price: $995
- Register: Buy the course here
Content marketing, SEO and blogging go hand-in-hand, and the blogging for business course by Ahrefs seeks to emphasize the importance of proper blogging. With this course, you’ll learn how to grow organic traffic to your blog beyond the 100k monthly visitors mark and turn hundreds of readers into paying customers. This course features 10 tutorials, each of which expounds on various blogging concepts.
The course starts off by highlighting the importance of blogging for your business and the compound effect of content marketing. The 10th tutorial wraps up the course by teaching you how to create content, build links and promote your content through blogger outreach.
As extras, the course also features guest interviews from Noah Kagan, Bryan Harris, and Ramsay Taplin – and it’s all entirely free.
- Offered by: Ahrefs
- What you’ll learn: Strategies of growing a blog, analyzing the traffic potential of your blog, how to find excellent content ideas, how to create link-worthy content, and more
- Who’s it for: Business owners, bloggers, and marketers
- Duration: 4 hours and 50 minutes
- Price: Free
- Register: You can follow the course online without registering here
Looking for a free content marketing course? Google has your back. This 3-hour beginner course comprises 4 modules that will help you learn how you can promote your business online by leveraging the power of content. You’ll also discover how tools like content marketing, and video marketing, and even social media marketing can help your business get noticed and connect with a larger online audience.
This is one of the best content marketing courses out there that features video tutorials, end-of-topic assessments, and easy-to-implement tips. Working through this course is as easy as enrolling, tracking your progress, and completing module quizzes.
- Course offered by: Google
- What you’ll learn: Social media basics, making the most of video, writing for online audiences, content marketing, and measuring your success in content marketing
- Who’s it for: Beginners
- Duration: 3 hours
- Price: Free
- Register: Sign up to start the free course here
For those interested in learning more about content strategy, the Content Marketing Foundations course is a great choice, since it takes you step-by-step, from design to implementation.
As an expert in marketing consultant, Brian Honigman guides you in developing a content plan, selecting content types, and developing an editorial calendar.
- Offered by: LinkedIn
- What you’ll learn: How to create a Content Strategy, produce, optimize, integrate, measure, and innovate content
- Who’s it for: Beginners
- Duration: 53 minutes
- Price: Free if you have LinkedIn premium
Kurt Pfeiffer Vice President, Middle Market Group
Instructor makes is very clear in conveying course material. I like the practical examples he provides for context.
Ready to level up your marketing strategy?
Having more than 20,000 students attend and being one of Udemy’s top-selling courses, the Content Marketing Masterclass is a class worth taking if you are interested in growing your business.
Brad Merrill has spent over a decade working in business media, which helped him gain exclusive insights into driving a business forward.
In fact, the team is so confident that anyone attending the course will achieve a professional level that they offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Offered by: Udemy
- What you’ll learn: Fundamentals of Content Marketing, copywriting, types of content, SEO, Email marketing, web design, and many more
- Who’s it for: Entrepreneurs, marketers, executives, employees, and freelancers. Generally, anyone who wishes to grow his business
- Duration: 3.5 hours
- Price: €89.99
Udemy offers a complete guidance course for people in need of growing their businesses and brands. Phil’s course is beginner-friendly and promises to teach you the basics of content in order to increase website traffic, gain more followers, help you with your social media marketing strategies, and make more sales in general.
This Content Marketing course is an all-in-one inclusive course and promises that each student that follows their techniques will have a professional marketing system that will enhance their business development and content promotion.
Like the previous Udemy course, they offer a 30-day 100% money-back guarantee, if anyone isn’t satisfied with what they offer.
- Offered by: Udemy
- What you’ll learn: Basics of content marketing, how to brand your business, how to create your target audience, content marketing formats, marketing funnels, and many more
- Who’s it for: People wanting to grow their business, beginners in digital marketing, entrepreneurs, freelancers, online course creators, YouTubers, social media influencers
- Duration: 5.5 hours
- Price: €19.99
HubSpot Academy’s Content Marketing Course is an excellent choice for beginners since it is free and gives you an overview of the field.
It consists of 54 videos and you need to pass 11 quizzes to get your certificate. Their 12 lessons include lessons in generating compelling content ideas, creating successful video marketing strategy, and search engine optimization.
- Offered by: HubSpot Academy
- What you’ll learn: How to create a content framework, and upgrade your strategic marketing techniques
- Who’s it for: Marketing and inbound professionals, and content producers
- Duration: 7 hours and 50 minutes
- Price: Free
Semrush Academy team has designed this course to guide their students in using their SEO Toolkit in content creation. Apart from giving you a brief overview of content marketing, they introduce you to competitor and google analytics, audience research, auditing of your existing content, and content calendar.
If you’re stuck and don’t know where to start with promoting your brand and finding a target audience, their course gives you a good head start!
- Offered by: Semrush Academy
- What you’ll learn: Semrush SEO tools in content marketing
- Who’s it for: Beginners
- Duration: 2 hours
- Price: Free
Brad Merrill, the author of this course, has taught more than 100,000 students and trained over 500 companies, making him an expert in the field.
In the Content Marketing Masterclass, he offers a comprehensive guide to help you with your business and organic traffic growth in the digital age.
The course consists of 82 lessons, including Web Design, content ideas, copywriting, types of content, SEO driven content marketing, promotion, and more.
Up till now they had more than 3,300 students and many high rated reviews.
- Offered by: Skillshare
- What you’ll learn: Planning and executing a content marketing strategy to grow your business
- Who’s it for: Beginners Duration: 3 hours and 36 minutes
- Price: Free if you are a member of the Skillshare community. Their membership costs currently $165 per year
Dayna Freedman, Marketing professional
This was a fantastic, broad course for Content Marketing, its extremely comprehensive. It’s suitable for anyone who wants to learn the basics or anyone who wants a refresher course. The content is extremely clear and the format is fantastic – big thumbs up! Thank you 🙂
Ready to level up your content marketing skills?
A partnership course between Coursera and UC Davis with more than 400,000 enrolled students, almost 4,000 ratings, and an over 97% score might be one of the most popular online courses in Strategy and Content marketing.
Some of the topics they cover include the Content marketing ecosystem, the 7A Framework, crafting a Content Marketing Strategy, and the Strategic Types of Content.
- Offered by: Coursera
- What you’ll learn: Management, Content marketing strategies, and Copywriting
- Who’s it for: content marketeers and bloggers
- Duration: Approximately 21 hours
- Price: Free
Omniscient Digital focuses on one thing in-depth: content marketing research and strategy. With their experience working for companies such as Hotjar, CXL, and HubSpot, their team promises to share with you their entire knowledge.
Their goal is to help anyone attending develop techniques, such as building a content roadmap and use frameworks to drive predictable revenue and approach stakeholders.
- Offered by: Omniscient Digital
- What you’ll learn: Content audit, content Economics, Product-Led content, keyword research, Barbell strategy, and many more
- Who’s it for: Content marketers who’ve got some experience
- Price: $997 plus taxes
- Register: Purchase the course here
Boun Vilailath, Entrepreneur | Web Developer
This course gets tactical and in-depth about how to win at content. It’s better than other courses because it connects the dots on all the content marketing concepts. Now I can execute my own content strategy without an expensive agency!
This course was designed from the Content Studio as a result of the thousands of hours being wasted on manual tasks that could have been automated. These strategies have enhanced the success of companies like CXL and ShopifyPlus, and they invite anyone who wants to create narratives that operate at a higher level of thinking to enroll in the course.
In order to demonstrate how confident they are that their course will help marketers improve their efficiency with automation, they offer a 15-day money-back guarantee.
- Offered by: The Content Studio
- What you’ll learn: The fundamentals of automation
- Who’s it for: Marketers
- Duration: 5-week program
- Price: $300
- Register: Purchase this course here
How do I become a certified content marketer?
Getting a content marketing certification could be helpful if you didn’t study marketing or are new to the content marketing world. Here are six steps to getting certified:
1.Research: Look for reputable online content marketing courses that offer certification. Some examples include HubSpot Academy, Content Marketing Institute, and DigitalMarketer. Review the course curriculum, cost, and certification requirements.
2.Choose the Right Course: Select a course that aligns with your goals, experience level, and learning style. Consider course duration, format (e.g., self-paced or instructor-led), and time commitment.
3.Learn the Fundamentals: Focus on learning the basic concepts of content marketing, such as creating buyer personas, conducting keyword research, developing a content strategy, and measuring ROI. This will give you a solid understanding of the field and set you up for success when learning more advanced topics later.
4.Apply What You Learn: Use the knowledge and skills gained from the course to create and implement a content marketing plan for a business or personal project. This will give you hands-on experience and help you build a portfolio of work to showcase your skills.
5.Complete the Certification Requirements: Once you have completed the course, review the certification requirements and ensure you have fulfilled them. Some courses may require passing a final exam or submitting a final project.
6.Obtain Your Certification: After completing the course requirements, you will receive your certification. Now you have something that validates your skills and knowledge as a content marketer and can help you stand out on the job market.
Depending on your goals, you may discover that some content marketing courses are a better fit than others. Try a free course to gauge your interest if you’re just beginning. But if you want more advanced material to optimize your company’s content efforts or advance your career, a paid course may be more suitable.
Be cautious about overtraining – you don’t want to learn too much and implement nothing.
Learn by doing it practically while focusing on active learning.
This way, you’ll hack the learning curve like crazy.
And that’s where GrowthMentor will come to your rescue.
If you want to learn actively and have an expert by your side as you start executing, then you may consider booking 1-on-1 calls with one of our experienced content marketing experts to help you get started or excel in your efforts, no matter where you are in your own content creation and marketing journey.