You'll be helping entrepreneurs, product managers, and marketers in all matters growth.
Why should you mentor with Growthmentor?
Start building your profile with reviews and testimonials from your mentees, and network with other professionals in our exclusive community.
Only have an hour free each week? No worries. You can charge how much you want and set your availability to whenever you want.
It's your choice of who you accept a mentor request from. We can't have extensive experience in everything, all we ask is that you treat the mentee with kindness and respect.
Members often ask us to recommend a freelancer or consultant. We take care of our own, so if you're the best person for the job, we'll point them in your direction. We don't charge referral fees and don’t take commission either.
Sometimes our members need more help than what an occasional video call can provide. You'll be able to offer members an special coaching at a price you choose.
But first, we need to see if you’re a good fit.
We take great pride in who is allowed to mentor on our platform. As a result, we’ve discovered that the best mentors share a few common traits:
- A proven track record of at least 5 years hands-on experience
- Friendly with great interpersonal skills
- An abundance mindset of taking action
- A genuine desire to help their peers.
It’s not 100% about the money – over 60% of our mentors offer their time for free even though they are able to charge.
All of our mentors see this as an opportunity to give back to their community, build karma, and grow their personal brand.
I love mentoring amazing startups to help them avoid the costly mistakes I've made and grow faster.mentor
Mentorship application process
It’s free and easy to apply. Just fill out our application form, which includes an analysis of social profiles, work history and track record.
We invite applicants capable of mentoring to a friendly video chat. We'll get to know each other, discuss why you're joining, and make sure that our core values align, at least somewhat.
Some applicants may be asked to complete a related case assessment. The goal of this to understand your approach to problem solving and to assess technical capabilities.
If you make it this far, you must be great at what you do. You'll jump on a call with the founder of Growthmentor to reaffirm everything, forge a real relationship, and get onboarded personally.
Have any more questions about Growthmentor mentorship?
Write to us at [email protected] and we'll be in touch!
What our mentors say
Frequently asked questions
- At least 5 years of demonstrable experience working in growth.
- Ability to listen actively, empathize, and put themselves in their mentees shoes.
- An attitude that says I really love what I do and I’m here to help you with your problems.
- Ability to carry a conversation effectively over a digital audio or video conferencing tool.
- Working experience in the categories of mentorship that you wish to provide on the platform.
- One of our core values is the growth mindset and this is a mindset that all of our mentors should embody.
- GrowthMentor is a give first platform. You should be cool with mentoring for free until you have three reviews.
Not a lot. If you are looking to make a quick buck or use this as a lead magnet, you should look elsewhere.
The mentors that do charge for their time mainly do that to qualify that mentees are indeed serious.
We have a mentor only Slack group which is pretty poppin’ with growth talk, banter and Q&As.
As a mentor you have ability to use the platform to book calls with other mentors and step into the mentee side of things.
GrowthMentor HQ does everything in our power to promote the mentors and build-up their personal brands.
That is totally up to you! You set your own availability and can change it whenever you’d like. You can have 30 min a week open or your entire week!
It’s not a walk in the park. We are pretty selective with who we bring on as mentors. You can learn more about the vetting process here.
Join the community
Enjoy the peace of mind that advice is always only one Zoom call away.