GET MENTORED BY TOP 3% GROWTH EXPERTS THAT GENUINELY ENJOY HELPING
How GrowthMentor works in 50 seconds
Frequently Asked Questions
- Direct access to schedule 1:1 calls with highly skilled, vetted mentors
- Unlimited calls with mentors listed as FREE
- Ability to post help requests and have mentors apply to you
- Membership to private Slack Community and Facebook Group
- Ability to opt in for 1:1 monthly coaching packages
- Weekly Accountability Check-ins
- An onboarding call with the founder and ongoing support from admin with mentor suggestions
- Access to community networking features
- Free matching to vetted growth mentors that are open to freelancing via GrowthExpert.
You can book unlimited calls with mentors listed as FREE. Over 70% of the mentors on GrowthMentor offer their time for free.
We do have a “three in the queue” policy which encourages mindful booking. But once you complete one call, you can book another one if you so wish.
Please note that for mentors that charge for their time, there is no limit on how many you can book at once.
Online sessions with mentors have no set or defined structure. Each and every circumstance is different, so each session will be unique.
- Mentors are responsible for driving the direction of the call.
- They’ll be there to listen to your story and identify critical points in your decision making and help you understand your situation.
- Make sure you share information relevant to the context of the problem that you’re trying to solve. This will help the mentor understand what’s important to you and give you usable insights based on their experience.
- If you have technical questions about tools or software, the mentors are here to answer them, sharing your screen will help the mentors can get a better idea of your workflow.
Each party is only responsible for being present and online during the agreed upon, scheduled time.
If you are having a great call and the time is almost up, ask the other person how they would like to proceed.
- Stopping the call and scheduling a follow-up call
- Just keep going if both parties are cool with it
- If a paid call, the mentee can offer to book additional time to compensate the mentor if the mentor agrees to keep going
We get this question a lot.
We are very good at weeding out mentor applicants that view this as a lead gen source.
You can rest assured that there is no “catch” or hidden upsell here.
What you get is simply a bunch of friendly startup and marketing mentors that just really enjoy helping people with growth. Nothing more, nothing less.
When you are requesting a call with a mentor you will choose with method you prefer based on what they have listed as available. The three main methods are Skype, Google Meet and Zoom.
If you prefer an alternative, please arrange that amongst yourselves.
We get around 300 applications per month from people wanting to become growth mentors.
We accept ~3% of them.
Through lots of trial and error, we’ve established a comprehensive four-step application process to help us to identify the individuals who will flourish as growth mentors.
Check out our Trustpilot reviews to see what our members are saying about their experiences speaking to the growth mentors.
North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia.
We’re proud to be a thoroughly international community.
Full disclaimer- there are no silver bullets for Growth, so we can’t make any false promises.
If you have a growth mindset and are looking to connect with various experienced individuals and learn from them, you will get value from this platform.
We have a great filtering system and you can also post a help request for the mentors to apply to you. We are always around on live chat to help you with your selection as well.
Because we respect the mentors’ time and want to ensure that the people reserving their free time are serious about the call and the advice the mentors are sharing. Learn more here.
No, accounts are only for a single person. If you’d like your team members to get on calls, check out our special team plans.