A growth marketing course is a great way to transform – what else? – yourself into a T-shaped marketer. But where’s the best place to start?
Why not tackle a growth marketing training course? It can inspire you to master top growth strategies and rapid experimentation, discover the tools used to fuel growth, deep dive into mental models leveraged by rapidly growing companies, and more.
These are various options to choose from, most of which are delivered right to your laptop. Use a growth marketing course as a stepping stone to becoming a certified growth marketing professional.
We’ve sifted through hundreds of growth marketing courses to bring you a round-up of the best 8 courses.
Keep reading to find out.
Why is training important to learn growth?
Let’s face it, marketing is changing. Marketers no longer sit in a room and develop catchy slogans. They must now be more technical, more analytical, and take ownership of a huge section of the conventional customer funnel.
What does this mean?
Your traditional education and understanding of marketing are turning obsolete. Companies will no longer hire you to sit and stare at ad campaigns – they want you to plan, design, run your own campaigns, and most importantly influence and understand their products on a deeper level.
Growth marketing courses are for you if:
- You are passionate about marketing and want to learn in-demand growth hacking strategies.
- You want to make your way into marketing and land a gig.
- You want to apply growth techniques to your ventures and run campaigns just as a professional firm would.
Let’s take you through the best growth marketing courses. Mind you, prior knowledge of marketing isn’t a prerequisite.
Growth marketing training courses you should know about
Want to become a growth expert by undertaking hands-on work?
That’s exactly what this course is all about.
You will learn ways to drive sustainable growth and will emerge with a personal playbook you’ll use long after the program.
This action-packed curriculum keeps you 100% focused and driving results day by day. The course is trusted by startups, founders, and growth-stage companies like Jolly, Contiq, and Votion.
It’s the #1 growth marketing course on this list for a reason. It’s rock solid.
- Founder: Craig Zingerline – check out his profile on GrowthMentor (check out his reviews, wow!)
- What you’ll learn: Foundations of growth, structuring growth teams, building your growth framework, acquisition channels, growth loops, and growth product management.
- Who’s it for: Founders, growth marketers, traditional marketers looking to get into growth, growth-minded product managers.
- Price: $500
Craig did an amazing job of getting to know me and my product ideas, to help me find clarity on my goals, methods, and next steps.
Are you serious about building your growth marketing skills?
Ready to put in the work required to complete a mini degree?
This extensive certification program by CLX Institute is for you. After completing 7 cumulative tracks and 113h 39 minutes of video courses, you’ll have mastered the methodologies and processes top growth executives leverage to drive companies like InVision and Lyft.
This practical, hands-on curriculum teaches you the right skills for the marketplace. Watch video lessons, use resources like checklists and spreadsheets, and complete practice exercises to unlock the certification tests.
The course is taught by top industry practitioners, including John McBride, Paul Boag, Morgan Brown, Sean Ellis, and others.
- Founder: CLX Institute
- What you’ll learn: Growth marketing foundations, data and analytics, channel-specific growth skills, and growth program management.
- Who’s it for: Full-stack marketers, UX folks working with data, and people who want to join growth teams.
- Price: $599 for the first user and $299 for each additional user
CXL didn’t just help me grow, it changed my life. When I decided to pursue digital marketing, I knew I would have to find education from a reputable source, not a fly by night marketing guru. CXL has led to more professional growth than any other year of my life. The best educational investment I have ever made.
Originally developed by Brian Balfour, The Growth Series teaches the main elements of growth from acquisition and retention to habit formation and psychology.
Instead of covering hacks, tips, tactics or tricks, the course teaches proven, actionable frameworks from the fastest-growing companies – to help you build a powerful engine for your company.
It also features several up-to-date examples, real case studies, and private conversations with leaders from companies like Netflix, Uber, Dropbox, Slack, and others.
Reforge allots slots within the program on a first-come, first-served basis. To get the most out of the course, you should spend at least 5 hours per week; 2-3 hours on course content, 1 hour applying the frameworks, 1-2 hours participating in an in-person or online event.
- Founder: Brian Balfour
- What you’ll learn: Retention and engagement, acquisition strategy, monetization, growth models and user psychology.
- Who’s it for: Product and growth practitioners with a minimum of 3 years of working experience and B2B and B2C practitioners.
- Price: $3,495
Jessica Dublin, Senior Product Manager InVision
The Growth Series is an excellent deep dive into growth, with so much packed into just six weeks. The in-person sessions were invaluable and the interviews with growth experts were mind-blowing. I’ve already been able to apply the concept of loops to my work. Some of the connections I made with peers in growth have been the cherry-on-top
Want to indulge your curiosity or enhance your job performance?
This course offers a fun, flexible learning path to skill up your digital marketing fundamentals.
The expert-crafted lessons and easily accessible mentors will help you upscale your professional toolkit. Upon completion of the program, you’ll have acquired core digital marketing skills, launch brand acquisition, and retention campaigns and improved your resume.
Other benefits include 53 unique lessons, 1-on-1 mentor sessions, 12-month access to General Assembly’s platform, and downloadable lesson guides. The program also includes a bonus Certified Marketer Level 1 (CM1) study guide, assessment, and practice assessment, all worth $200.
- Founder: General Assembly
- What you’ll learn: Customer insight, CRM, analytics, marketing technology and marketing channels
- Who’s it for: Digital marketers
- Price: $950
Ophira Edut, Co-owner of a global astrology brand - The AstroTwins
I launched my content marketing campaign to great success. This experience has already paid for itself. Thanks again for all the awesome guidance. It’s been phenomenal!
The Demandcurve course will help you cover the full breadth of growth marketing – with each experience tailored to your market and company.
This self-paced course will dive into your landing pages, Google Ads, Facebook Ads and emails, correct errors, and suggest better ideas.
Once you register, you access the entirety of its curriculum for 1 year, extended access to a team for deeper feedback and growth instructors for 6 months.
You also have the option to purchase individual sections of the course. On average, you need 2-3 months to complete the course.
- Founder: Julian Shapiro, Neal O’Grady, and Justin Setzer
- What you’ll learn: Customer acquisition, growth strategy, analytics and tracking, user onboarding and landing pages.
- Who’s it for: Founders and business owners, junior marketers, startup employees and senior marketers.
- Price: $349 to $5,800
Masha Reutovski, Senior Marketing Manager, Microsoft
Working with Demand Curve was a game-changer — the global team has gotten enormous value out of the work they’ve done with us. They’ve revamped how we think about lead generation via email and ads, and taught us a new rhythm around approaching and nurturing customers.
GrowthTribe is a popular brand in the growth marketing space, and its 6-week course is a good stepping stone to being a growth hacker.
Throughout the course, you’ll delve into the cutting-edge growth processes, mental models, and frameworks used by fast-growing companies.
The course starts with a personal capability scan to identify your strengths and main improvement points. You’ll then receive lifelong access to the course content via its online learning environment.
The course includes 6 weekly live online training sessions, 3 personalized coaching sessions with a mentor, and bonus study tracks to help you apply the concepts.
- Founder: Growth Tribe
- What you’ll learn: The fundamentals of growth hacking, channels for growth, soft and hard data, acquisition & beyond, and how to fit growth in organizations.
- Who’s it for: Companies and aspiring growth hackers.
- Price: €1,997
Danielle Beltran Global Brand Head of Analytics
“This course is a must to drive change in Organizations. Great content to speed up innovation and customer-centric focus.”
Taught by Sean Ellis, this self-paced course teaches you the fundamentals of becoming an effective growth master.
Seal shares the best practices for leading a team to drive a growth process that drives results.
To get certified, you must score at least nine correct answers in the 10-question exam. The course curriculum is broken down into 8 sections, each of which covers a specific aspect of growth marketing.
- Founder: Sean Ellis
- What you’ll learn: Keep your team engaged in growth, follow up after each growth meeting, conduct an effective growth meeting and accelerate your team’s testing for optimal growth learning.
- Who’s it for: Aspiring growth masters.
- Price: $299
Want to get actionable strategies from over 50 of the world’s leading growth leaders?
GrowthMentor Video Library offers exactly that. From proven marketing systems and actionable growth playbooks to exclusive insider strategies, there’s a lot to walk away with from this library of video content.
The speakers have been instrumental in growth at companies like Google, IBM, Atlassian, and Typeform.
The video content is from some of the best minds in growth, including Edwin Abl, Jess Bahr, and Tim Cakir.
Some of the hot topics include Levers for Sustained Growth, How to Build a Growth Team, Pain Point SEO, Organic Quora Marketing That Converts, A Startup Approach to Enterprise Growth: The IBM Story among others.
- Founder: Foti Panagio
- What it does: Offers exclusive content on topics like product-led growth, data and analytics, growth frameworks and bootstrapped growth.
- Who’s it for: Anyone who wants to transform their business
- Price: Free for GrowthMentor Pro members.
Marta Olszewska - Former Head of Marketing @Piktochart
And then there’s Growth Mentor Summit which is something else entirely. Imagine a virtual conference where you can watch (and replay) talks from over 50+ growth leaders on any marketing topic you’d like, all from the comfort of your home.
There you have it, the best growth marketing training courses.
All courses are self-paced and delivered online. Remember, mastering growth marketing takes time – but is worth every coin and minute.
Don’t train too much and implement nothing. Work in bits while focusing on active learning.
This way, you will watch a module, note the key points, apply the knowledge, and talk to a mentor if you need assistance.
Why not give one of these courses a shot? They are worth your effort.