Having over 400+ mentors to choose from is far more advantageous than having one full-time mentor to show you ropes as you can get very specific advice from subject matter experts from a variety of different backgrounds.
Before you learned about GrowthMentor, how did you deal with the challenges you faced?
I would get a lot of conflicting information from Google and YouTube. Although this is free and on demand, the information is never bespoke to the unique situation your business finds itself in. Being able to use GrowthMentor to get very specific advice for our start up has been an absolute game changer.
Tell us about what you are currently working on.
I am the CEO and founder of StartupStreams.com – we create pre-made businesses for sale!
We have recently found our PMF and are doubling down on our marketing channels as a result. We are considering funding to allow our product offering to level up to provide bigger and better products (ready-to-grow businesses for sale) for our expanding base of customers.
What ultimately compelled you to sign up for GrowthMentor?
The ability to bounce ideas with a mentor who has ‘been there, done that’ is worth its weight in gold. I wouldn’t be surprised if I am GrowthMentor’s fastest converting customer as I signed up the minute I discovered the platform – it is exactly what I was looking for. Having over 400+ mentors to choose from is far more advantageous than having one full-time mentor to show you ropes as you can get very specific advice from subject matter experts from a variety of different backgrounds.
What’s your favorite thing about GrowthMentor?
It is great to meet likeminded people who want to give back to the community – I have met some truly interesting and intelligent mentors on the platform. I also value being able to receive specific advice from the plethora of subject matter experts to know exactly what I need to do to level up my business from people in the know. The platform itself is intuitive and I feel like I get the most value out of Growth Mentor vs any course or book I have utilised in the past.
Is there a specific session/mentor that stands out in your mind as super helpful?
I would like to nominate two mentors who have provided the most value to date:
- Josh Sturgeon, who provided some fantastic out-the-box thinking regarding advice for our business’s go-to-marketing strategy.
- I would also like to mention Todd Hoff, for his no nonsense approach to providing useful and actionable business advice. I discussed our key target market with Todd and he was able to point out many improvements we may have missed down the road. Much appreciated.
Based on things you’ve discussed in calls, do you have any results to tell us about?
We have made many improvements based on the actionable advice from our mentors to date:
- We have implemented Quora Ads, based on the suggestion from a call with Josh Sturgeon,
- are currently undergoing a website redesign based on the advice from Todd Hoff,
- have launched a new long-tail keyword Google Ads campaign after talking to Parikshit Joshi,
- and we have laid the foundations for a social media strategy based on the advice from Katharina Mueller
How has GrowthMentor helped you?
Being a solo-founder can be tough; doubly so if you aren’t currently a part of the start up scene in your country or city. Being able to bounce your ideas off of a qualified mentor helps to keep your goals grounded and set realistic expectations – this is not something I have been able to do efficiently before joining Growth Mentor.
What three adjectives would you use to describe GrowthMentor?
Actionable, Constructive, Gratifying
Join the community
Enjoy the peace of mind that advice is always only one Zoom call away.