Skip the research and get the answers straight from an expert.
Tired of spending hours on search engines looking for advice?Unlimited startup mentorship for $120/mo
How does it works?
Browse through our list of Google Ads mentors using the filters. Make sure to read their profiles and reviews in depth, and make your choice.
Found the perfect mentor for you? Awesome, time to request a call. Tell them a bit about your situation, choose a time, and get it set on your calendar.
Time for the call, yay! Make sure you show up on time and prepared to make the most out of it. Pro tip: Ask your mentor if it’s ok to record the screen so you can take notes later.
Why talk to a Google Ads mentor?
You can talk to your Google Ads mentor about whatever you want.
A very common use case for talking to a Google Ads mentor is using them as a sounding board to get feedback on your Adwords strategy. You can set up a screen share and show how your Google Ads campaign to your mentor. They’ll give you 1:1 advice on how to optimize your campaigns, ad groups, and ads.
It’s a lot faster to learn by asking questions directly to experts than by passively consuming content on the internet.
Here are some ideas for inspiration:
- You’re considering outsourcing your Google Ads to an agency or freelancer but just aren’t sure
- You’ve got a few campaigns running with decent conversions but want a quick audit in realtime of how everything’s structured
- You’re thinking of offering Adwords services yourself and want a bit of career advice from those that have “been there and done that.”
- You’re not using the full range of ad extensions and you want some help on setting them up
- You’re looking for second opinions on your ad copy
Google Ads Mentorship for Beginners
Speaking to a Google Ads mentor can help you avoid most of the silly mistakes that beginners make. But if you’re not lucky enough to have a colleague or friend that’s willing to mentor you, it’s hard to find one!
The best Google Ads experts usually charge between $90-150 per hour. This is out of budget for most beginners to spend on mentorship or advice, so they view it as a “luxury” and just move on without any mentorship. Instead of learning under the wing of someone with real-world experience, they try and learn the hard way.
What ends up usually happening:
- Spend countless hours reading blog posts and watching courses.
- After a while, you build up a false sense of confidence and jump headfirst into building your first campaign.
- 3 days later, no conversions, OMG!
- You shut off your campaign and convince yourself, “Google Ads don’t work for my business.”
Google Ads Mentorship for Hiring Managers
At this point you might decide that you aren’t the best fit for managing your Google Ads. Not everyone’s cut out to be a Google Ads expert. If you’ve got other things to do, like running your business, outsourcing Google Ads management is a no brainer.
How a GrowthMentor can help you if you’re in this position:
- Get help with hiring: Should I hire a Google Ads freelancer, agency, or hire someone fulltime for an inhouse position?
- Get help with vetting Google Adwords experts: How do I know if the people applying for the position really know their stuff?
- Get help with negotiating contracts: Here is the proposal I received from my Google Ads expert, is it reasonable or are they overpricing me?
Related Use CasesView all
Frequently asked questions
Nope. That’s your job. Where our community of vetted Facebook Ads experts comes in is advice and mentorship. Execution isn’t what this platform offers.
We have a very detailed filter system for you to sort the mentors. Filters like areas of expertise, tools, language, price and industry.
Members can also post a help request and have mentors apply to help if they feel they are a good fit.
Then the third option is to just ask us! Give it a try right now and ask us on live chat 🙂
- Google Hangouts
Mentors and mentees are able to set their communication tools in their profile settings.
It is a good idea to connect with the other person once the session is accepted and the details are given. This ensures that the correct details were given and when it is time to start, you can start on time.
Here are some tips on how to get the maximum bang for your time on growth mentor calls.
- Come into this with realistic expectations. They’re mentors, not magicians.
- Ask your mentor if they’d be cool with you recording your screen with Loom
- Give contextual information to help paint the picture of your current situation.
- Growth mentors will be asking you lots of questions, answer them as honest as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to push the boundaries of question asking. Be inquisitive. Stories are gold.
- Don’t feel pressure, just relax. There’s no right/wrong way to do this. Avoid binary thinking.
- Try to form mental patterns, especially if you speak with multiple mentors. Pay attention to metadata.
- Embrace alternative views. Ask the mentors to play devil’s advocate and challenge your assumptions.
- Be friendly and authentic. If you’re likable, the mentors will be your biggest supporters (even after the call is over).
Yup! Many of the mentors offer monthly coaching packages for members who want to really dive deep into a specific area.
Each mentor creates their own package so what they offer and the price vary from mentor to mentor. You can find their coaching info at the top of their profile.
Join the community
Enjoy the peace of mind that advice is always only one Zoom call away.