Tired of spending hours on search engines looking for advice?
Skip the research and get the answers straight from an expert.Unlimited startup mentorship for $60/mo
How Growth Mentor works?
Browse through our list of +200 mentors using the filters. Make sure to read their profiles and reviews in depth, and make your choice.
Found the perfect mentor for you? Awesome, time to request a call. Tell them a bit about your situation, choose a time, and get it set on your calendar.
Time for the call, yay! Make sure you show up on time and prepared to make the most out of it. Pro tip: Ask your mentor if it’s ok to record the screen so you can take notes later.
Why talk to a Google Analytics expert?
How a growth mentor can help you with Google Analytics:
- You’re using Google Analytics to track your website metrics but you want to start tracking more events and goals
- You’re being told you need to install Mixpanel or something equivalent but you want to talk to someone first as you think Google Analytics might be able to do the trick (for free!)
- You’re completely new to Google Analytics and want to make sure you have dashboards setup in a best-practice way
- You’re an experienced marketer that’s on a mission to become more data-driven and want to get advice on how to use Google Analytics to do this
- You’re thinking of piping Google Analytics data to a 3rd party tool and want to get feedback on the high-level strategy
Whether it’s your first time setting up Google Analytics or you’re an experienced Google Analytics user that’s been using it for years, it can’t hurt to speak to other Google Analytics experts to get their take on how to maximize the impact of this incredibly powerful tool.
Common Use Cases
Get help making sure your startup has a unique voice that differentiates you against the competition.
Entrepreneurship truly is a roller-coaster. The cliche about the ups and the downs ain’t no joke.
If you’re a lean team, building out expansive content clusters is impossible. But how many is “enough?”
Get help figuring out which social media channels to prioritize. Each have their quirks.
Get ideas on how to start an outbound sales process without a large team.
Companies that invest in customer success programs have lower churn rates than those that don’t. Get help setting up yours.
Frequently asked questions
The only people who know what it’s like to build a company from nothing are the ones who have done it for themselves.
It takes discipline and resourcefulness and even if you have that there are going to be surprises on the way that will catch you off-guard.
The best way to plan for the journey ahead is to talk to the people who have walked the same path and can give you advice on situations that you may face. Find your way forward by talking to the mentors that have bootstrapped their way to seven figures on a shoestring.
When you’re just getting started, giving away a portion of your business for some cash may be necessary to grow, but anyone who’s done it knows that it hurts.
But with the right idea you may be able to find the capital you need without giving away equity.
Talk to a resourceful growth mentor who can help you find ways to get cash in the door quickly and cut down your expenses to what’s really essential. Find profit early and make every dollar you give out work for you.
Bootstrapping often means keeping your startup lean, running at minimum cost, and maximizing the return on every dollar spent.
Seasoned entrepreneurs who have bootstrapped their own startups will be able to help you find and leverage the right tools to save you time, money and resources. They’ll also have worked with several freelancers/agencies that they can recommend to help you find quality work from affordable sources.
Is your business at the right stage to start looking for outside investment? Do you understand the implications of tying your startup’s future to the needs of your investors?
Raising money is more than just a check that gives your business liquidity, it has implications that extend from how quickly you need to scale to how soon you plan to exit.
A mentor can help you evaluate whether external funding is something you should consider or if maybe it’s better to grind it out until your business is in a better position to scale.
Sometimes boiling your product idea down to its Minimum Viable Product is a quick way to get it to market quickly and start bringing in some cash.
But what features are essential, and which will cost you more time and development money keeping you away from the customers you could be selling to now?
Talk to someone who can give you feedback on your product’s development, and what you need before you can realistically expect to start selling it to customers in a way that you can afford.
- Google Hangouts
Mentors and mentees are able to set their communication tools in their profile settings.
It is a good idea to connect with the other person once the session is accepted and the details are given. This ensures that the correct details were given and when it is time to start, you can start on time.
Here are some tips on how to get the maximum bang for your time on growth mentor calls.
- Come into this with realistic expectations. They’re mentors, not magicians.
- Ask your mentor if they’d be cool with you recording your screen with Loom
- Give contextual information to help paint the picture of your current situation.
- Growth mentors will be asking you lots of questions, answer them as honest as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to push the boundaries of question asking. Be inquisitive. Stories are gold.
- Don’t feel pressure, just relax. There’s no right/wrong way to do this. Avoid binary thinking.
- Try to form mental patterns, especially if you speak with multiple mentors. Pay attention to metadata.
- Embrace alternative views. Ask the mentors to play devil’s advocate and challenge your assumptions.
- Be friendly and authentic. If you’re likable, the mentors will be your biggest supporters (even after the call is over).
Join the GrowthMentor Community
- Direct access to schedule 1:1 calls
- Ability to post help requests
- Opt in for 1:1 monthly coaching packages
- Weekly check-ins with our Accountability Coach
- Unlimited calls with mentors listed as FREE
- Membership to private Slack Community
- Ongoing support from admin with mentor suggestions