If you want to get better at startup funding
… you’ll love GrowthMentor.
Solve difficult startup funding problems
Get expert feedback
Feel focused and inspired
“It is amazing to browse through the mentor list to see so many people that you would love to speak with that are super relevant to your business.”
Get the inside scoop on what's working in startup funding from operators in the field
What mentors can help you with:
- Going it alone
- Not knowing how funding works
- Finding the right funding option
- Creating a pitch deck
- Deciding how much money to ask for
- Spending wisely once you're funded
- Knowing when to raise
- Learning how investors think
- Proving your scalability
Meet the startup funding consultant alternatives that genuinely enjoy helping
“Very valuable 30-minute meeting! Felix has been very helpful. He listened carefully to my situation and tried to understand my goals and project. He suggested some valuable advice and resources I can use. I would recommend Felix to anyone who is looking for connections in incubators or startup accelerators.”
“Fantastic session with Felix talking about all things community growth, #nocode, startups and mentorship. Felix is super knowledgeable and down to earth. You’re definitely going to walk away with lots of useful information to act on after talking with him. Fun fact: we studied at the same university in the UK, but didn’t meet during the 3 years we had in common while we were there.”
“Amazing session with Kritika. I learned a lot from her, including tools, resources, and tips for advancing my role in data analytics. She has extensive experience leveraging data to help companies grow. Highly recommended!”
“Manish was great. He had personal experience with many of the challenges of my business and was able to provide excellent suggestions for how to tackle them. He also gave good advice on pricing, focus for launch, sales emails, and potential options for funding. I will follow up on the research/data entry services his business offers. Thanks Manish!”
“Manish provides a unique and concrete approach to funding. While he has knowledge that is great for those that are new to funding, he also has some unique approaches that help to put early-stage companies ahead of competitors. We will likely partner with Manish and his company for referrals and internal development in the future.”
“Manish confirmed many aspects that I needed confirming, showed me different perspectives on some parts of funding, well spent 30 minutes!”
“Itay was patient to listen and audit our funding situation before sharing his vast personal expertise on his foray into the funding world and how he came out on top to where he is today. Thanks Itay. :)”
“Not only is Itay an incredibly nice guy, he is also super experienced, and very generous with his time. Our call on start up funding gave me exactly what I needed. I am looking forward to our next call on strategy soon! Thanks again :)”
“Itay is THE MEN… Second meeting, again amazing advice! For Funding and Hiring is Itay your go to guide!”
“Satwik is very knowledgeable about Tech and fundraising. He gave me very succinct advice and promised to give follow up feedback on my pitch deck. I’d recommend him to anyone currently working for VC or Impact fundraising.”
“It was fantastic chatting with Satwik. We had a great conversation about Growth marketing tools for eCommerce to prioritize ideas. We spoke about statistical significance and OMTM. Got a lot of new ideas from talking to Satwik!”
Satwik is obviously incredibly well versed in early-stage startups. He was kind enough to ask precise questions before the call so we could spend the time efficiently. I would highly recommend him for any early-stage companies attempting to validate p/m fit.
Tap into expert guidance when you need it
1. Join the Community
2. Schedule a video-call
3. Show up and get 1:1 guidance
Get unstuck with a mentor
- Direct access to schedule 1:1 calls
- Unlimited calls with mentors listed as FREE
- Ongoing support from admin with mentor suggestions
- 70+ hours of exclusive video content
- Topically themed Mastermind Groups
- Weekly check-ins with our Accountability Coach
- Access to Private Slack Community
Frequently Asked Questions
The best startup funding consultants usually charge between $100-200 per hour. This is out of budget for most founders to spend, so they view it as a “luxury” and just move on without any expert guidance.
The problem is that without guidance from someone with real-world experience, you have to learn the hard way – trial and error.
Risks of learning only through trial and error:
- You spend too much time reading blog posts and watching courses instead of executing.
- You become susceptible to the Dunning-Kruger effect, a cognitive bias where people with limited competence in a given domain greatly overestimate their own knowledge or competence in that domain relative to the performance of their peers.
- You hit your first few failures and convince yourself that startup funding does not work for your business, missing the opportunity to truly give it a fair shot.
On GrowthMentor it’s easy to get mentored by vetted practitioners to help you get unstuck with whatever challenges you’re currently facing in optimizing your startup funding.
Learn more about how we can help.
Using the tools you already use. Mentors can select between either Sype, Google Meet, or Zoom.
Here are some tips.
- Come into this with realistic expectations. They’re mentors, not magicians.
- Ask your mentor if they’d be ok with you recording your screen with Loom
- Give contextual information to help paint the picture of your current situation.
- Growth mentors will be asking you lots of questions, answer them as openly as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to push the boundaries of question-asking. Be inquisitive. Stories are gold.
- Don’t feel pressure, just relax.
- Try to form mental patterns, especially if you speak with multiple mentors.
- Embrace alternative views. Ask the mentors to challenge your assumptions.
- Be friendly. If you’re likable, the mentors will be your biggest supporters (even after the call is over).
We have a filter system for you to sort mentors. Filters by expertise, industry, tools, company, and even language.
If choosing in all of the awesomeness is overwhelming, just ask us for a hand-picked recommendation!
Pros of consultants:
Consultants offer more tangible value than mentors as a significant portion of their contribution comes in via deliverables.
Cons of consultants:
High hourly rates and retainers. The relationship is transactional in nature. Valuable knowledge is locked away in the minds of third parties if you decide to outsource executables.
Pros of mentors:
Mentors are primarily driven by intrinsic values and may be more relatable in terms of roles and responsibilities to you than a consultant.
Cons of mentors:
Mentors do not offer hands-on support. They’re there to guide you, but you have to put in the work to make things happen which will take more time.
Learn more about startup consultants.
Join the community
Enjoy the peace of mind that advice is always only one Zoom call away.