If you want to get better at social media marketing
… you’ll love GrowthMentor.
Solve difficult social media marketing problems
Get expert feedback
Feel focused and inspired
“GrowthMentor has taken the mystery out of finding high quality marketing advisors to speak with (and often!).”
Get the inside scoop on what's working in social media marketing from operators in the field
What mentors can help you with:
- Designing a social media strategy
- Improving organic reach
- Increasing audience engagement
- Analyzing social media performance
- Cutting through the noise
- Building authentic connections
- Expanding your reach
- Creating high-quality visuals
- Getting people to share
Meet the social media marketing consultant alternatives that genuinely enjoy helping
“Lena was great. She has a solid background regarding hashtags and what works to make posts more popular. She gave examples of other social channels to look at for ideas on how to improve my posts as well as other tools out there that can be used to again improve the posts.”
“I’ve just had an inspiring session with Lena, and I can’t wait to put what I’ve learned into practice! If you want to start building a personal brand on LinkedIn and you’re looking for some guidance, you should definitely book a session.”
“Wonderful to talk to Lena, she’s an insightful Product Manager and helped a lot with all my questions. She helped with great operational advice as a PM and for the challenges faced in tech teams. She relates very easily and is super empathetic. Looking forward to keeping the relationship growing. She’s the mentor you’re looking for!”
“Farrah was super friendly, patient, and provided helpful feedback, tips and ideas on how we could move forward with our social media strategy! I would definitely recommend her and look forward to another opportunity to chat :)”
“Farrah is GREAT! Super knowledgeable, very thoughtful and has a wide lens to pull broader threads together. Our call was focussed on social media, the struggles of it and it’s importance (if any). Farah wisely helped to take a step back and think about the customer journey and how social media fits into our unique business and audience. At the end of the call, Farrah laid out some next steps and offered some resources. I hope to talk again – thanks Farah! :)”
“It was great to chat with Farrah through some projects I’ve been working on. Valuable insights for PPC!”
“We had a great chat about social media content and storytelling. Marcos gave me some good ideas that I didn’t think about it, so I highly recommend to contact him if you want to get some excellent advice on how to shape up the content and make it more audience-pleasing.”
“Marcos is a storytelling genius! He’s an expert in telling a story with a human touch and has a lot of great insights. He shared amazing tips on how to craft messages which I really appreciated. I took so many notes during our call. Highly recommended!”
“Super helpful call with Marcos on branding! I know basically nothing about this topic and he gave me some great pointers on how to start and which direction we should go. 5/5”
Vassilena was an excellent mentor! I sent over a lot of information before the call to provide context and explain what I wanted to accomplish. My biggest challenge was knowing what to do when my efforts weren’t working. How do you fix an issue you don’t understand? She was able to cut through confusion and provide really actionable insights.
Vassilena was super knowledgable about Twitter – what works, what doesnt, etc. We even got super deep about horizontal vs vertical images getting cropped. Im walking away with a lot of ways to use Twitter for our growth!
“Vassilena went above and beyond. She broke down a few steps in my process that were lacking and how to fix them. Her comprehensive knowledge about the content stream and what goes into doing content marketing helped get through a few major blocks I was having. I enjoyed speaking with her and can’t wait to speak again.”
Tap into expert guidance when you need it
1. Join the Community
2. Schedule a video-call
3. Show up and get 1:1 guidance
Get unstuck with a mentor
- Direct access to schedule 1:1 calls
- Unlimited calls with mentors listed as FREE
- Ongoing support from admin with mentor suggestions
- 70+ hours of exclusive video content
- Topically themed Mastermind Groups
- Weekly check-ins with our Accountability Coach
- Access to Private Slack Community
Frequently Asked Questions
The best social media marketing consultants usually charge between $100-200 per hour. This is out of budget for most founders to spend, so they view it as a “luxury” and just move on without any expert guidance.
The problem is that without guidance from someone with real-world experience, you have to learn the hard way – trial and error.
Risks of learning only through trial and error:
- You spend too much time reading blog posts and watching courses instead of executing.
- You become susceptible to the Dunning-Kruger effect, a cognitive bias where people with limited competence in a given domain greatly overestimate their own knowledge or competence in that domain relative to the performance of their peers.
- You hit your first few failures and convince yourself that social media marketing does not work for your business, missing the opportunity to truly give it a fair shot.
On GrowthMentor it’s easy to get mentored by vetted practitioners to help you get unstuck with whatever challenges you’re currently facing in optimizing your social media marketing.
Learn more about how we can help.
Using the tools you already use. Mentors can select between either Sype, Google Meet, or Zoom.
Here are some tips.
- Come into this with realistic expectations. They’re mentors, not magicians.
- Ask your mentor if they’d be ok with you recording your screen with Loom
- Give contextual information to help paint the picture of your current situation.
- Growth mentors will be asking you lots of questions, answer them as openly as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to push the boundaries of question-asking. Be inquisitive. Stories are gold.
- Don’t feel pressure, just relax.
- Try to form mental patterns, especially if you speak with multiple mentors.
- Embrace alternative views. Ask the mentors to challenge your assumptions.
- Be friendly. If you’re likable, the mentors will be your biggest supporters (even after the call is over).
We have a filter system for you to sort mentors. Filters by expertise, industry, tools, company, and even language.
If choosing in all of the awesomeness is overwhelming, just ask us for a hand-picked recommendation!
Pros of consultants:
Consultants offer more tangible value than mentors as a significant portion of their contribution comes in via deliverables.
Cons of consultants:
High hourly rates and retainers. The relationship is transactional in nature. Valuable knowledge is locked away in the minds of third parties if you decide to outsource executables.
Pros of mentors:
Mentors are primarily driven by intrinsic values and may be more relatable in terms of roles and responsibilities to you than a consultant.
Cons of mentors:
Mentors do not offer hands-on support. They’re there to guide you, but you have to put in the work to make things happen which will take more time.
Join the community
Enjoy the peace of mind that advice is always only one Zoom call away.