If you want to get better at public relations
… you’ll love GrowthMentor.
Solve difficult public relations problems
Get expert feedback
Feel focused and inspired
“Every mentor I’ve spoken with has helped with an idea, but also introductions, connections and offered to help with tactics.”
Get the inside scoop on what's working in public relations from operators in the field
What mentors can help you with:
- Geting top-tier coverage
- Rebuilding face-to-face relationships
- Budget constraints
- High expectations
- Measurement and attribution
- Getting executive buy-in
- Marketing alignment issues
- Prioritizing channels
- Cutting through the noise
Meet the public relations consultant alternatives that genuinely enjoy helping
“I really enjoyed speaking with Lisa. She’s a real pro, and I loved learning about her background and path to where she is now. She offered great advice and tips. I ended our session with a page full of notes and actionable items. I will definitely book another call, thank you Lisa!!”
“Awesome session. Lisa had some great overall steers on my marketing efforts – namely to better understand where my customers are getting their current influence from, and how they describe my product in 10 simple words. She then constructively critiqued the various growth hacking ideas I have. Loads of value…thank you!”
“OMG Lisa is so so amazing! Her energy is contagious and she is extremely friendly. I felt so uplifted after having a call with her. She helped me with strategy on idea validation, pitch deck go to market strategy and clarity on fundraising. Talk to her if you are feeling frustrated or need clarity!”
“Amazing session with Ryan, I really did not know anything about digital PR and now I feel like I have a much better understanding. Pretty amazing that I walked away with multiple strategies/tactics and action items to try out in my PR activity. I would highly recommend!”
“Super useful session with Ryan on PR strategy for my SaaS launch. He distilled it down so even I (as a complete newcomer to PR!) could understand & action. Thanks again!”
“My call with Ryan was excellent. He’s super knowledgeable about the intersection of user research and marketing. I learned a ton and have notes for days. Thanks, Ryan!”
“Edwin gave me TONS of insights about the B2B space that I never heard before. He helped my getting the value proposition straight, gave advice on how to launch a webinar and tons of got to knows about PR, budgets and how people in the B2B space think. Thanks a lot!”
“Edwin is an expert in outbound sales strategy. I was kind of lost on where to start my own strategy and he was able to guide me in less than 45 minutes into some of the key steps of my outbound lead generation and automated outbound email sequences. Great attitude, positive vibes!”
Great chat with Edwin – he gave me a useful framework and strategies to approach prioritising and managing PR initiatives specific to my current situation. It was also useful to get further validation to help comms with internal stakeholders. Thanks for taking the time!
“I hopped on a call with Oren to get some clarity and left with exactly that! Oren’s got the chops to tackle sophisticated problems and provide actionable solutions right away! I will definitely come again for more insights.”
The session exceeded my expectations! Oren was very attentive to understand the business and main challenges in the first place, then he gave the best practices for B2B, shared his own experience and specific tactics I can apply in my Go-To-Market strategy. The session was useful not only for me but all my team as I immediately tried different approach. Also, Oren has a great way to explain complicated concepts in a very simple and cheerful manner, it helped me so much when I discussed it with my tech colleagues 🙂 I absolutely recommend Oren to all Growthmentor members!
Oren is incredibly knowledgeable, friendly and gets straight to the point. His experience as a CMO for various companies means he gives you real answers and feedback, not what he’s heard or read somewhere. It’s very impressive and I now spoken to him several times. I would definitely recommend him
Tap into expert guidance when you need it
1. Join the Community
2. Schedule a video-call
3. Show up and get 1:1 guidance
Get unstuck with a mentor
- Direct access to schedule 1:1 calls
- Unlimited calls with mentors listed as FREE
- Ongoing support from admin with mentor suggestions
- 70+ hours of exclusive video content
- Topically themed Mastermind Groups
- Weekly check-ins with our Accountability Coach
- Access to Private Slack Community
Frequently Asked Questions
The best public relations consultants usually charge between $100-200 per hour. This is out of budget for most founders to spend, so they view it as a “luxury” and just move on without any expert guidance.
The problem is that without guidance from someone with real-world experience, you have to learn the hard way – trial and error.
Risks of learning only through trial and error:
- You spend too much time reading blog posts and watching courses instead of executing.
- You become susceptible to the Dunning-Kruger effect, a cognitive bias where people with limited competence in a given domain greatly overestimate their own knowledge or competence in that domain relative to the performance of their peers.
- You hit your first few failures and convince yourself that public relations does not work for your business, missing the opportunity to truly give it a fair shot.
On GrowthMentor it’s easy to get mentored by vetted practitioners to help you get unstuck with whatever challenges you’re currently facing in optimizing your public relations.
Learn more about how we can help.
Using the tools you already use. Mentors can select between either Sype, Google Meet, or Zoom.
Here are some tips.
- Come into this with realistic expectations. They’re mentors, not magicians.
- Ask your mentor if they’d be ok with you recording your screen with Loom
- Give contextual information to help paint the picture of your current situation.
- Growth mentors will be asking you lots of questions, answer them as openly as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to push the boundaries of question-asking. Be inquisitive. Stories are gold.
- Don’t feel pressure, just relax.
- Try to form mental patterns, especially if you speak with multiple mentors.
- Embrace alternative views. Ask the mentors to challenge your assumptions.
- Be friendly. If you’re likable, the mentors will be your biggest supporters (even after the call is over).
We have a filter system for you to sort mentors. Filters by expertise, industry, tools, company, and even language.
If choosing in all of the awesomeness is overwhelming, just ask us for a hand-picked recommendation!
Pros of consultants:
Consultants offer more tangible value than mentors as a significant portion of their contribution comes in via deliverables.
Cons of consultants:
High hourly rates and retainers. The relationship is transactional in nature. Valuable knowledge is locked away in the minds of third parties if you decide to outsource executables.
Pros of mentors:
Mentors are primarily driven by intrinsic values and may be more relatable in terms of roles and responsibilities to you than a consultant.
Cons of mentors:
Mentors do not offer hands-on support. They’re there to guide you, but you have to put in the work to make things happen which will take more time.
How NotionForms Ranked #1 On Product Hunt with a Little Help from Their Friends
Join the community
Enjoy the peace of mind that advice is always only one Zoom call away.