If you want to get better at product management
… you’ll love GrowthMentor.
Solve difficult product management problems
Get expert feedback
Feel focused and inspired
“The ability to bounce ideas with a mentor who has ‘been there, done that’ is worth its weight in gold.”
Get the inside scoop on what's working in product management from operators in the field
What mentors can help you with:
- Prioritizing the roadmap
- Deal with engineering dependencies
- Overwhelming time constraints
- Team alignment
- Balancing responsibilities
- Keeping up with tech
- Training others in your team
- Conducting user interviews
- Choosing a north star metric
Meet the product management consultant alternatives that genuinely enjoy helping
“Wonderful to talk to Lena, she’s an insightful Product Manager and helped a lot with all my questions. She helped with great operational advice as a PM and for the challenges faced in tech teams. She relates very easily and is super empathetic. Looking forward to keeping the relationship growing. She’s the mentor you’re looking for!”
“I’ve just had an inspiring session with Lena, and I can’t wait to put what I’ve learned into practice! If you want to start building a personal brand on LinkedIn and you’re looking for some guidance, you should definitely book a session.”
“Lena was great. She has a solid background regarding hashtags and what works to make posts more popular. She gave examples of other social channels to look at for ideas on how to improve my posts as well as other tools out there that can be used to again improve the posts.”
“Craig did an amazing job of getting to know me and my product ideas, to help me find clarity on my goals, methods, and next steps.”
“Loved the session. Gave me a true sense of clarity and just a different perspective. Made my week. Craig asked tons of questions before diving into recommendations, and then was very clear about giving his point of view. I would absolutely recommend speaking to Craig if you need a well-rounded view of your business, and a of product development chunk specifically. Thanks Craig!”
“I had approached Craig for advice on fundraising and could immediately feel the infectious positive energy and he seemed more excited to guide us, he quickly reviewed the deck and advised us on some course correction.”
“Nataly is an extremely empathetic and friendly mentor. First, she fully understood my problem by asking good questions. Then she helped me to solve it. She provided expert examples so I can think about my problem from several different angles. I would recommend Nataly for everyone who needs help with Product Management in EdTech.”
“Awesome session! Focused, direct, actionable. We talked about feature launches, competitors’ research, how to work with the product team. In the end, I had a list of actions that I need to do. Thank you!”
“Nataly guided me step by step how to approach new features development research: what criteria to use for a team to evaluate new business directions, how to identify user needs, how to think about monetization. Her suggestions were supported by examples from previous startups and projects. She was prepared for the call and very supportive. Hope to have another consultation soon!”
“Jon was very helpful. He gave me great advice on how to achieve product market fit, how to better understand our users and how to offer them tangible value. I really appreciate the time he dedicated to understanding my business and put himself in my shoes. Thanks again Jon!”
“Jon was awesome to talk with, has a lot of energy and great ideas about product-market fit and growth hacking”
“Jon provided us with clarity on how to move forward at this stage. He is extremely knowledgeable in the startup space and provided us with some great tips for validating our idea. Thank you Jon, I look forward to speaking with you soon.”
Tap into expert guidance when you need it
1. Join the Community
2. Schedule a video-call
3. Show up and get 1:1 guidance
Get unstuck with a mentor
- Direct access to schedule 1:1 calls
- Unlimited calls with mentors listed as FREE
- Ongoing support from admin with mentor suggestions
- 70+ hours of exclusive video content
- Topically themed Mastermind Groups
- Weekly check-ins with our Accountability Coach
- Access to Private Slack Community
Frequently Asked Questions
The best product management consultants usually charge between $100-200 per hour. This is out of budget for most founders to spend, so they view it as a “luxury” and just move on without any expert guidance.
The problem is that without guidance from someone with real-world experience, you have to learn the hard way – trial and error.
Risks of learning only through trial and error:
- You spend too much time reading blog posts and watching courses instead of executing.
- You become susceptible to the Dunning-Kruger effect, a cognitive bias where people with limited competence in a given domain greatly overestimate their own knowledge or competence in that domain relative to the performance of their peers.
- You hit your first few failures and convince yourself that product management does not work for your business, missing the opportunity to truly give it a fair shot.
On GrowthMentor it’s easy to get mentored by vetted practitioners to help you get unstuck with whatever challenges you’re currently facing in optimizing your product management.
Learn more about how we can help.
Using the tools you already use. Mentors can select between either Sype, Google Meet, or Zoom.
Here are some tips.
- Come into this with realistic expectations. They’re mentors, not magicians.
- Ask your mentor if they’d be ok with you recording your screen with Loom
- Give contextual information to help paint the picture of your current situation.
- Growth mentors will be asking you lots of questions, answer them as openly as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to push the boundaries of question-asking. Be inquisitive. Stories are gold.
- Don’t feel pressure, just relax.
- Try to form mental patterns, especially if you speak with multiple mentors.
- Embrace alternative views. Ask the mentors to challenge your assumptions.
- Be friendly. If you’re likable, the mentors will be your biggest supporters (even after the call is over).
We have a filter system for you to sort mentors. Filters by expertise, industry, tools, company, and even language.
If choosing in all of the awesomeness is overwhelming, just ask us for a hand-picked recommendation!
Pros of consultants:
Consultants offer more tangible value than mentors as a significant portion of their contribution comes in via deliverables.
Cons of consultants:
High hourly rates and retainers. The relationship is transactional in nature. Valuable knowledge is locked away in the minds of third parties if you decide to outsource executables.
Pros of mentors:
Mentors are primarily driven by intrinsic values and may be more relatable in terms of roles and responsibilities to you than a consultant.
Cons of mentors:
Mentors do not offer hands-on support. They’re there to guide you, but you have to put in the work to make things happen which will take more time.
Join the community
Enjoy the peace of mind that advice is always only one Zoom call away.