If you want to get better at optimizely
… you’ll love GrowthMentor.
Solve difficult optimizely problems
Get expert feedback
Feel focused and inspired
“Teams sometimes become echo chambers and fall prey to groupthink and stop producing fresh ideas; an external perspective from experts is almost always helpful!”
Get the inside scoop on what's working in optimizely from operators in the field
What mentors can help you with:
- Deciding what experiments to run
- Make sense of single-page application tests
- Deal with page flickering in AB tests
- Comparing to other paid tools like VWO
- Choose the right testing options
- Tips on statistical significance
- Make sense of your result data
- Knowing what to kill an experiment
- Comparing to other free tools like Google Optimize
Meet the optimizely consultant alternatives that genuinely enjoy helping
“David was absolutely awesome! Super personable and very cool guy. Very knowledgable and really understood our business and it was relatable content for what we need and what we needed to hear. Considering we are early stage, his advice and growth strategies we can actually implement which is great. Can’t recommend him highly enough :)”
“The best spent hour of the day and probably of the week. Trevor gave a lot of precise and actionable tips on SEO & content marketing, that helped me come with a more defined strategy. We discussed tons of different growth & monetization ideas, as well, which I’ll be putting into practice soon.”
“David was great. He asked the right questions at the start to make sure the conversation was always relevant, identified goals, and broke down action points to make progress. Highly recommended!”
“Jason was a rockstar. Asked lots of insightful questions, listened, and ultimately delivered 3 very actionable tips, that I am in the process of implementing. From start to beginning, great energy, I knew I was talking to a veteran in Growth Hacking space.”
“Just finished a great session with Jason. He was very tailored in applying his extensive experience/background to what I was looking for help on – hiring a remote marketing team. I could have easily chatted another hour! Super helpful, and an enjoyable experience with some clear takeaways. Thanks Jason.”
“Highly recommend Jason for a call. He really wanted to understand the problem and the whole situation and make you think of different variants before giving you his opinion. He really took you out of the box of your everyday thinking to better understand the situation and the problem you are facing. Thanks for it!”
“WOW! What an insightful call I had with Vahe! He’s so knowledgable about so many topics and very open to share it. My main focus was to get his perspective on email marketing, growth and different tactics—and I feel like my understanding grew a lot. I’m very happy that Vahe spared time to talk me through all of my questions, supplemented with anecdotal experience and clear communication. 10/10: Whole-hearted recommendation 🙏”
“I had a fantastic meeting with Veha about attracting potential clients and everything related to growth marketing. I recommend meeting Veha 100%. 20 stars out of 5 for him.”
“Vahe is top drawer. His attitude, nature and communication skills are awesome. The call was well received, structured and had no connection issues. My booking was related to discussing Email marketing, Retention and Churn campaigns. Vahe allowed me plenty of time to give context, suggested great ideas, solutions and also reviewed my current outreach. We agreed with a follow-up call in a month’s time to allow me to show what I create. Thanks, Vahe!”
“Borja gave me an unbiased review of the landing page. The advice I received was accurate and professional.”
“Borja was awesome and everything you could possibly want with a mentor. I needed SEO help from him and he quickly summarized the things I need to focus on. He even gave me an awesome marketing idea for good measure. Highly recommend him!”
“Borja was fantastic and offered exactly what I was offer. He took time to understand my context, the business and current circumstances and pretty much hit the nail on the head in terms of advice offered. Thanks!!”
Tap into expert guidance when you need it
1. Join the Community
2. Schedule a video-call
3. Show up and get 1:1 guidance
Get unstuck with a mentor
- Direct access to schedule 1:1 calls
- Unlimited calls with mentors listed as FREE
- Ongoing support from admin with mentor suggestions
- 70+ hours of exclusive video content
- Topically themed Mastermind Groups
- Weekly check-ins with our Accountability Coach
- Access to Private Slack Community
Frequently Asked Questions
The best optimizely consultants usually charge between $100-200 per hour. This is out of budget for most founders to spend, so they view it as a “luxury” and just move on without any expert guidance.
The problem is that without guidance from someone with real-world experience, you have to learn the hard way – trial and error.
Risks of learning only through trial and error:
- You spend too much time reading blog posts and watching courses instead of executing.
- You become susceptible to the Dunning-Kruger effect, a cognitive bias where people with limited competence in a given domain greatly overestimate their own knowledge or competence in that domain relative to the performance of their peers.
- You hit your first few failures and convince yourself that optimizely does not work for your business, missing the opportunity to truly give it a fair shot.
On GrowthMentor it’s easy to get mentored by vetted practitioners to help you get unstuck with whatever challenges you’re currently facing in optimizing your optimizely.
Learn more about how we can help.
Using the tools you already use. Mentors can select between either Sype, Google Meet, or Zoom.
Here are some tips.
- Come into this with realistic expectations. They’re mentors, not magicians.
- Ask your mentor if they’d be ok with you recording your screen with Loom
- Give contextual information to help paint the picture of your current situation.
- Growth mentors will be asking you lots of questions, answer them as openly as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to push the boundaries of question-asking. Be inquisitive. Stories are gold.
- Don’t feel pressure, just relax.
- Try to form mental patterns, especially if you speak with multiple mentors.
- Embrace alternative views. Ask the mentors to challenge your assumptions.
- Be friendly. If you’re likable, the mentors will be your biggest supporters (even after the call is over).
We have a filter system for you to sort mentors. Filters by expertise, industry, tools, company, and even language.
If choosing in all of the awesomeness is overwhelming, just ask us for a hand-picked recommendation!
Pros of consultants:
Consultants offer more tangible value than mentors as a significant portion of their contribution comes in via deliverables.
Cons of consultants:
High hourly rates and retainers. The relationship is transactional in nature. Valuable knowledge is locked away in the minds of third parties if you decide to outsource executables.
Pros of mentors:
Mentors are primarily driven by intrinsic values and may be more relatable in terms of roles and responsibilities to you than a consultant.
Cons of mentors:
Mentors do not offer hands-on support. They’re there to guide you, but you have to put in the work to make things happen which will take more time.
Join the community
Enjoy the peace of mind that advice is always only one Zoom call away.