Marc von Brockdorff
Skip the research and get the answers straight from an expert.
Tired of spending hours on search engines looking for advice?Unlimited startup mentorship for $120/mo
How does it works?
Browse through our list of SaaS mentors using the filters. Make sure to read their profiles and reviews in depth, and make your choice.
Found the perfect SaaS mentor for you? Awesome, time to request a call. Tell them a bit about your situation, choose a time, and get it set on your calendar.
Time for the call, yay! Make sure you show up on time and prepared to make the most out of it. Pro tip: Ask your mentor if it’s ok to record the screen so you can take notes later.
Why talk to a SaaS mentor?
You’re starting a SaaS startup, and you’ve got a great idea. You know your industry inside and out, you know what needs to be done, and you have the skills to do it. But do you know how to do it?
Starting a new business can be scary. You’re venturing into unknown territory, with no clear path laid out before you. All you have are your ideas and your knowledge of the market—but what if that isn’t enough? What if there’s something lurking in the shadows that could trip up even the most seasoned entrepreneur?
You need someone who has been there before: someone who knows exactly what this journey is like from beginning to end. Someone who has made every mistake in the book—and learned from them all. Someone who will support you as you grow your company into something amazing.
That person is your mentor.
A mentor is someone who has been where you are now: they have started their own SaaS startup from scratch, dealt with all the same challenges that come along with running an SaaS company (or any other type of startup), and succeeded at their goals despite facing challenges along the way.
Here’s how a mentor can help SaaS founders:
- They can help you avoid common pitfalls: The SaaS mentors on GrowthMentor have been through what you’re going through, so they know what to look out for and how to avoid them. They can help you think through pros and cons, and they’ll give you some quality advice on how to proceed.
- They can help you find opportunities: Mentors have connections all over the place—especially if they work at larger SaaS companies or in high-level positions at Series A+ startups (as many of the mentors on GrowthMentor do). With these connections, mentors can help expose new opportunities and clients that might not otherwise be available.
- They can provide support during tough times: Sometimes things don’t go according to plan— and that’s okay! Having someone who is there for you during those tough times will help keep your spirits up while also providing valuable feedback on what needs improvement so that your SaaS doesn’t fail altogether (which would be sad).
Finding a SaaS mentor doesn’t have to be hard
Finding a mentor for your SaaS startup can be one of the most important decisions you make when it comes to your business. A mentor can help you with everything from growth marketing to product management, but their most important function is to act as a sounding board for your ideas.
On GrowthMentor we make it super easy to find mentors with tons of experience in SaaS and the best part is how practical the user experience is. If you want your SaaS mentor to have a specialization in content marketing for example, no problem! Just filter mentors by industry “SaaS” + “Content Marketing” and you’ll find hundreds of mentors available to speak to with just a few clicks.
Common Use Cases
B2B SaaS growth strategy
Learn the best strategies for growing B2B SaaS startups by speaking to these mentors.
Content marketing for SaaS
Learn how to properly leverage content marketing for SaaS startups.
How to get early adopters for your SaaS
Talk to these mentors about how to find early adopters for your SaaS startup.
Facebook ads for SaaS
Learn what’s working and what’s not from Facebook Ads marketers currently driving growth at SaaS startups.
Frequently asked questions
Use filters to quickly curate a pool of mentors with the skills, experience, and availability to help you out with whatever you’re working on.
Filter mentors by:
- Languages spoken: Speak with a mentor in your native language – so you can get help without losing things in translation
- Specific skills & knowledge: From Facebook Ads to product launches, choose from mentors who have “been there, done that, crushed it”
- Companies they’ve worked at: Pick the brains of mentors who have seen the inner workings of the world’s leading companies
- Tools & technology: Get advice on which tools or tech you should be using or get support in unlocking their full value
- Industry expertise: Learn from the best of the best. All GrowthMentors are in the top 3% of their industries – and that’s not a cliché
As soon as you join GrowthMentor, one of our onboarding specialists will meet with you to discuss your current challenges and goals – and match you with mentors to get you started.
Using the tools you already use. Mentors can select between either Sype, Google Meet, or Zoom.
Because they are nice people.
- They genuinely enjoy helping.
- They want to share their experiences and help others learn from them. Sharing their experiences, wins, and failures can truly change the trajectory of someone else’s path.
- It keeps them on their toes. No better way to sharpen your skills than to teach someone else!
- Speaking with up-and-coming businesses is fun and exciting!
- Growth Mentors have a growth mindset and are looking to learn in each and every situation- including mentoring sessions.
- They are new to the platform. New mentors are asked to do some free sessions, in the beginning, to get their feet wet and get a feel for the platform. Only after mentors have 3 reviews can they set a price and charge.
Here are some tips.
- Come into this with realistic expectations. They’re mentors, not magicians.
- Ask your mentor if they’d be ok with you recording your screen with Loom
- Give contextual information to help paint the picture of your current situation.
- Growth mentors will be asking you lots of questions, answer them as openly as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to push the boundaries of question-asking. Be inquisitive. Stories are gold.
- Don’t feel pressure, just relax.
- Try to form mental patterns, especially if you speak with multiple mentors.
- Embrace alternative views. Ask the mentors to challenge your assumptions.
- Be friendly. If you’re likable, the mentors will be your biggest supporters (even after the call is over).
Full disclaimer- there are no silver bullets for Growth, so we can’t make any false promises.
If you have a growth mindset and are looking to connect with various experienced individuals and learn from them, you will get value from GrowthMentor.
All mentors are 100% legit. They’re not here to pitch or sell you anything – they’re here to help people like you who are trying to better themselves.
Read some of the reviews mentees have left on Trustpilot.
Join the community
Enjoy the peace of mind that advice is always only one Zoom call away.