Skip the research and get the answers straight from an expert.
Tired of spending hours on search engines looking for advice?Unlimited startup mentorship for $120/mo
How does it works?
Browse through our list of HealthTech mentors using the filters. Make sure to read their profiles and reviews in depth, and make your choice.
Found the perfect HealthTech mentor for you? Awesome, time to request a call. Tell them a bit about your situation, choose a time, and get it set on your calendar.
Time for the call, yay! Make sure you show up on time and prepared to make the most out of it. Pro tip: Ask your mentor if it’s ok to record the screen so you can take notes later.
Why talk to a HealthTech mentor?
When you’re starting up a business in healthtech, there’s no way to know what you don’t know.
Healthtech is one of the most complicated industries to work in because it has so many moving parts: software developers, data scientists, marketers, salespeople, product managers… and on top of all that, you’ve got to keep track of regulations for HIPAA compliance and FDA compliance as well.
Having a mentor is one of the most important things you can do for your healthtech startup. It’s not just about getting advice from someone who has been where you are—it’s about getting a chance to learn from someone who has done what you want to do and succeeded.
Your mentor will help you think through the challenges that come up when running a business, including:
- How to handle people who don’t believe in your idea
- How to get funding for your business when no one else will give it to you (and why)
- How to keep yourself motivated when everything goes wrong
- Why it’s so important to have fun while working hard on your startup
Healthtech mentors can help you with everything from business strategy to fundraising, and they can be a great sounding board when it comes time to make decisions—or even just talk through your ideas with someone who understands what you’re going through. Mentors can also help with recruiting, they can connect you with other people in the field who might be able to contribute to your company, and they may even be able to introduce you directly to potential investors or customers!
It can be hard enough just to figure out how to get your startup off the ground. But if you want your startup to grow from a scrappy idea into something that can compete with the big guys like Google Health or Apple HealthKit? You need a mentor.
Common Use Cases
How to do customer development
Learn the best ways to do customer development so you don’t waste time building things nobody wants.
Crafting a killer value proposition
How to craft a killer value proposition that instantly resonates with your ideal customer persona.
How to use voice of customer data in copy
Strategies for leveraging voice of customer (VOC) data in your copy to increase conversion rates.
How to do jobs to be done interviews
Learn how to conduct jobs to be done interviews and what to do with the data.
Frequently asked questions
Use filters to quickly curate a pool of mentors with the skills, experience, and availability to help you out with whatever you’re working on.
Filter mentors by:
- Languages spoken: Speak with a mentor in your native language – so you can get help without losing things in translation
- Specific skills & knowledge: From Facebook Ads to product launches, choose from mentors who have “been there, done that, crushed it”
- Companies they’ve worked at: Pick the brains of mentors who have seen the inner workings of the world’s leading companies
- Tools & technology: Get advice on which tools or tech you should be using or get support in unlocking their full value
- Industry expertise: Learn from the best of the best. All GrowthMentors are in the top 3% of their industries – and that’s not a cliché
As soon as you join GrowthMentor, one of our onboarding specialists will meet with you to discuss your current challenges and goals – and match you with mentors to get you started.
Using the tools you already use. Mentors can select between either Sype, Google Meet, or Zoom.
Because they are nice people.
- They genuinely enjoy helping.
- They want to share their experiences and help others learn from them. Sharing their experiences, wins, and failures can truly change the trajectory of someone else’s path.
- It keeps them on their toes. No better way to sharpen your skills than to teach someone else!
- Speaking with up-and-coming businesses is fun and exciting!
- Growth Mentors have a growth mindset and are looking to learn in each and every situation- including mentoring sessions.
- They are new to the platform. New mentors are asked to do some free sessions, in the beginning, to get their feet wet and get a feel for the platform. Only after mentors have 3 reviews can they set a price and charge.
Here are some tips.
- Come into this with realistic expectations. They’re mentors, not magicians.
- Ask your mentor if they’d be ok with you recording your screen with Loom
- Give contextual information to help paint the picture of your current situation.
- Growth mentors will be asking you lots of questions, answer them as openly as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to push the boundaries of question-asking. Be inquisitive. Stories are gold.
- Don’t feel pressure, just relax.
- Try to form mental patterns, especially if you speak with multiple mentors.
- Embrace alternative views. Ask the mentors to challenge your assumptions.
- Be friendly. If you’re likable, the mentors will be your biggest supporters (even after the call is over).
Full disclaimer- there are no silver bullets for Growth, so we can’t make any false promises.
If you have a growth mindset and are looking to connect with various experienced individuals and learn from them, you will get value from GrowthMentor.
All mentors are 100% legit. They’re not here to pitch or sell you anything – they’re here to help people like you who are trying to better themselves.
Read some of the reviews mentees have left on Trustpilot.
Join the community
Enjoy the peace of mind that advice is always only one Zoom call away.