Skip the research and get the answers straight from an expert.
Tired of spending hours on search engines looking for advice?Unlimited startup mentorship for $120/mo
Harry Roy McLaughlin
How does it works?
Browse through our list of FinTech mentors using the filters. Make sure to read their profiles and reviews in depth, and make your choice.
Found the perfect FinTech mentor for you? Awesome, time to request a call. Tell them a bit about your situation, choose a time, and get it set on your calendar.
Time for the call, yay! Make sure you show up on time and prepared to make the most out of it. Pro tip: Ask your mentor if it’s ok to record the screen so you can take notes later.
Why talk to a FinTech mentor?
Fintech startups are at a critical moment in their growth, and having a mentor can make all the difference.
It’s no secret that fintech startups are booming: according to Insider Intelligence, “The Global Fintech Market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of around 20% over the next four years. The market value is expected to reach around $305 billion by 2025.” But what does it take to succeed?
Fintech is an industry that’s constantly evolving and changing with new regulations. This means that it’s important to have someone who understands the industry, knows where it’s headed, and can help you navigate the waters as you grow. This kind of information is hard to get if you’re on your own. If you don’t have mentors, then it can be difficult to find people who are willing to share their knowledge with you.
Here are a few reasons why fintech startups should consider finding mentors:
- They’ll help you set realistic goals and timelines for your business
- They can give you feedback on your idea or product
- They can share their experience with other similar businesses (if applicable)
- They’ll give you advice on how to grow your business
For example, fintech mentors can help you get a better understanding of the competitive landscape, give you their unbiased feedback on your fintech growth strategy, and if you build a solid relationship with them, they can even introduce you to their connections to help you secure funding startup. When you’re building a fintech startup, you are trying to solve problems that no one else has solved before—and if you’re successful, your solution can change the world. Having a mentor who understands what your goals are and how you plan on achieving them can help you focus on what matters most and avoid distractions along the way.
If you don’t have any mentors yet, then who will help guide your startup through this phase?
The answer: no one!
That’s why it’s so important to have mentors for fintech startups – because mentors have already been through what you’re experiencing now. They know what works best for them, and they’ll be able to share that knowledge with you.
Common Use Cases
How to do jobs to be done interviews
Learn how to conduct jobs to be done interviews and what to do with the data.
How to use voice of customer data in copy
Strategies for leveraging voice of customer (VOC) data in your copy to increase conversion rates.
How to do customer development
Learn the best ways to do customer development so you don’t waste time building things nobody wants.
Crafting a killer value proposition
How to craft a killer value proposition that instantly resonates with your ideal customer persona.
Frequently asked questions
Use filters to quickly curate a pool of mentors with the skills, experience, and availability to help you out with whatever you’re working on.
Filter mentors by:
- Languages spoken: Speak with a mentor in your native language – so you can get help without losing things in translation
- Specific skills & knowledge: From Facebook Ads to product launches, choose from mentors who have “been there, done that, crushed it”
- Companies they’ve worked at: Pick the brains of mentors who have seen the inner workings of the world’s leading companies
- Tools & technology: Get advice on which tools or tech you should be using or get support in unlocking their full value
- Industry expertise: Learn from the best of the best. All GrowthMentors are in the top 3% of their industries – and that’s not a cliché
As soon as you join GrowthMentor, one of our onboarding specialists will meet with you to discuss your current challenges and goals – and match you with mentors to get you started.
Using the tools you already use. Mentors can select between either Sype, Google Meet, or Zoom.
Because they are nice people.
- They genuinely enjoy helping.
- They want to share their experiences and help others learn from them. Sharing their experiences, wins, and failures can truly change the trajectory of someone else’s path.
- It keeps them on their toes. No better way to sharpen your skills than to teach someone else!
- Speaking with up-and-coming businesses is fun and exciting!
- Growth Mentors have a growth mindset and are looking to learn in each and every situation- including mentoring sessions.
- They are new to the platform. New mentors are asked to do some free sessions, in the beginning, to get their feet wet and get a feel for the platform. Only after mentors have 3 reviews can they set a price and charge.
Here are some tips.
- Come into this with realistic expectations. They’re mentors, not magicians.
- Ask your mentor if they’d be ok with you recording your screen with Loom
- Give contextual information to help paint the picture of your current situation.
- Growth mentors will be asking you lots of questions, answer them as openly as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to push the boundaries of question-asking. Be inquisitive. Stories are gold.
- Don’t feel pressure, just relax.
- Try to form mental patterns, especially if you speak with multiple mentors.
- Embrace alternative views. Ask the mentors to challenge your assumptions.
- Be friendly. If you’re likable, the mentors will be your biggest supporters (even after the call is over).
Full disclaimer- there are no silver bullets for Growth, so we can’t make any false promises.
If you have a growth mindset and are looking to connect with various experienced individuals and learn from them, you will get value from GrowthMentor.
All mentors are 100% legit. They’re not here to pitch or sell you anything – they’re here to help people like you who are trying to better themselves.
Read some of the reviews mentees have left on Trustpilot.
Join the community
Enjoy the peace of mind that advice is always only one Zoom call away.