Rob te Braake
Skip the research and get the answers straight from an expert.
Tired of spending hours on search engines looking for advice?Unlimited startup mentorship for $120/mo
How does it works?
Browse through our list of digital agency mentors using the filters. Make sure to read their profiles and reviews in depth, and make your choice.
Found the perfect digital agency mentor for you? Awesome, time to request a call. Tell them a bit about your situation, choose a time, and get it set on your calendar.
Time for the call, yay! Make sure you show up on time and prepared to make the most out of it. Pro tip: Ask your mentor if it’s ok to record the screen so you can take notes later.
Why talk to a digital agency mentor?
Mentors can be very helpful for you as a digital agency owner because they offer a wealth of experience and knowledge that you may not have yet. Having a mentor is an important part of the process of building a successful digital agency. A mentor can help you stay focused on your goals and keep you from going off track.
A mentor will teach you things like how to:
- Handle difficult clients
- Recruit talent
- Hire and retain great employees
- Manage your team effectively
- Generate high quality leads
They’ll help you see the big picture:
A mentor can help you understand how your agency fits into the broader world of digital marketing, which means they can help you avoid making decisions that will negatively affect your business in the long run. They can also help you set goals and make plans for achieving them, which will keep your agency on track and focused on the right things.
They’ll push you to be better:
Your mentor is going to challenge you because they want to see you grow as a person and as an agency owner. This kind of growth will make you a better leader for your team and for yourself—and that’s important if you want to be successful in any industry!
They’re an example of what’s possible.
A good mentor has already been where you are now, so they can show you how far someone like them has come since starting out in their field of expertise (which is probably similar). That kind of perspective helps keep things in perspective when things feel overwhelming or difficult—and knowing that someone else has been through it gives hope that maybe someday it could happen for me too!
Many of the mentors on GrowthMentor have also helped their mentees with networking and finding new clients through referrals.
Common Use CasesView all
Frequently asked questions
Use filters to quickly curate a pool of mentors with the skills, experience, and availability to help you out with whatever you’re working on.
Filter mentors by:
- Languages spoken: Speak with a mentor in your native language – so you can get help without losing things in translation
- Specific skills & knowledge: From Facebook Ads to product launches, choose from mentors who have “been there, done that, crushed it”
- Companies they’ve worked at: Pick the brains of mentors who have seen the inner workings of the world’s leading companies
- Tools & technology: Get advice on which tools or tech you should be using or get support in unlocking their full value
- Industry expertise: Learn from the best of the best. All GrowthMentors are in the top 3% of their industries – and that’s not a cliché
As soon as you join GrowthMentor, one of our onboarding specialists will meet with you to discuss your current challenges and goals – and match you with mentors to get you started.
Using the tools you already use. Mentors can select between either Sype, Google Meet, or Zoom.
Because they are nice people.
- They genuinely enjoy helping.
- They want to share their experiences and help others learn from them. Sharing their experiences, wins, and failures can truly change the trajectory of someone else’s path.
- It keeps them on their toes. No better way to sharpen your skills than to teach someone else!
- Speaking with up-and-coming businesses is fun and exciting!
- Growth Mentors have a growth mindset and are looking to learn in each and every situation- including mentoring sessions.
- They are new to the platform. New mentors are asked to do some free sessions, in the beginning, to get their feet wet and get a feel for the platform. Only after mentors have 3 reviews can they set a price and charge.
Here are some tips.
- Come into this with realistic expectations. They’re mentors, not magicians.
- Ask your mentor if they’d be ok with you recording your screen with Loom
- Give contextual information to help paint the picture of your current situation.
- Growth mentors will be asking you lots of questions, answer them as openly as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to push the boundaries of question-asking. Be inquisitive. Stories are gold.
- Don’t feel pressure, just relax.
- Try to form mental patterns, especially if you speak with multiple mentors.
- Embrace alternative views. Ask the mentors to challenge your assumptions.
- Be friendly. If you’re likable, the mentors will be your biggest supporters (even after the call is over).
Full disclaimer- there are no silver bullets for Growth, so we can’t make any false promises.
If you have a growth mindset and are looking to connect with various experienced individuals and learn from them, you will get value from GrowthMentor.
All mentors are 100% legit. They’re not here to pitch or sell you anything – they’re here to help people like you who are trying to better themselves.
Read some of the reviews mentees have left on Trustpilot.
Join the community
Enjoy the peace of mind that advice is always only one Zoom call away.