Harry Roy McLaughlin
Skip the research and get the answers straight from an expert.
Tired of spending hours on search engines looking for advice?Unlimited startup mentorship for $120/mo
How does it works?
Browse through our list of artificial intelligence mentors using the filters. Make sure to read their profiles and reviews in depth, and make your choice.
Found the perfect artificial intelligence mentor for you? Awesome, time to request a call. Tell them a bit about your situation, choose a time, and get it set on your calendar.
Time for the call, yay! Make sure you show up on time and prepared to make the most out of it. Pro tip: Ask your mentor if it’s ok to record the screen so you can take notes later.
Why talk to an artificial intelligence mentor?
It’s an exciting time to be in the AI industry!
There are tons of new AI startups popping up every day and they’re all trying to make the world a better place, one artificially intelligent robot at a time.
But it can be tough to get started on your own. You may not have any experience with AI, or you might not know where to start with growing your AI startup.
That’s why we think it’s so important to have a mentor—someone who has been through what you’re going through right now, and can help guide you along the way. You’ll learn exactly what it takes to grow an AI startup, and how best to prepare for success.
Mentors are people who can guide you through difficult times, give advice about how best to handle certain situations, and offer support when things get tough. They’ll also help keep the big picture in mind as you navigate through each step of building your company.
It’s important that mentors have real-world experience working in AI startups themselves; otherwise they won’t be able to relate well enough with their mentees (and this could lead them away from success).
On GrowthMentor, you can request unlimited free 1-on-1 mentorship sessions with vetted mentors that have verified track records of success growing AI startups.
Common Use Cases
Fundraising as first time founder
Avoid beginner fundraising mistakes and talk to mentors that will share their stories with you.
How to get into YCombinator
Tips on how to get into YCombinator from founders who have been through the accelerator themselves.
First time in a Head of Growth role
Get advice from seasoned heads of growth on how to approach your first head of growth role.
How to prioritize growth channels
How to decide which growth channels to prioritize and what are the signs that you should start to scale them.
Frequently asked questions
Use filters to quickly curate a pool of mentors with the skills, experience, and availability to help you out with whatever you’re working on.
Filter mentors by:
- Languages spoken: Speak with a mentor in your native language – so you can get help without losing things in translation
- Specific skills & knowledge: From Facebook Ads to product launches, choose from mentors who have “been there, done that, crushed it”
- Companies they’ve worked at: Pick the brains of mentors who have seen the inner workings of the world’s leading companies
- Tools & technology: Get advice on which tools or tech you should be using or get support in unlocking their full value
- Industry expertise: Learn from the best of the best. All GrowthMentors are in the top 3% of their industries – and that’s not a cliché
As soon as you join GrowthMentor, one of our onboarding specialists will meet with you to discuss your current challenges and goals – and match you with mentors to get you started.
Using the tools you already use. Mentors can select between either Sype, Google Meet, or Zoom.
Because they are nice people.
- They genuinely enjoy helping.
- They want to share their experiences and help others learn from them. Sharing their experiences, wins, and failures can truly change the trajectory of someone else’s path.
- It keeps them on their toes. No better way to sharpen your skills than to teach someone else!
- Speaking with up-and-coming businesses is fun and exciting!
- Growth Mentors have a growth mindset and are looking to learn in each and every situation- including mentoring sessions.
- They are new to the platform. New mentors are asked to do some free sessions, in the beginning, to get their feet wet and get a feel for the platform. Only after mentors have 3 reviews can they set a price and charge.
Here are some tips.
- Come into this with realistic expectations. They’re mentors, not magicians.
- Ask your mentor if they’d be ok with you recording your screen with Loom
- Give contextual information to help paint the picture of your current situation.
- Growth mentors will be asking you lots of questions, answer them as openly as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to push the boundaries of question-asking. Be inquisitive. Stories are gold.
- Don’t feel pressure, just relax.
- Try to form mental patterns, especially if you speak with multiple mentors.
- Embrace alternative views. Ask the mentors to challenge your assumptions.
- Be friendly. If you’re likable, the mentors will be your biggest supporters (even after the call is over).
Full disclaimer- there are no silver bullets for Growth, so we can’t make any false promises.
If you have a growth mindset and are looking to connect with various experienced individuals and learn from them, you will get value from GrowthMentor.
All mentors are 100% legit. They’re not here to pitch or sell you anything – they’re here to help people like you who are trying to better themselves.
Read some of the reviews mentees have left on Trustpilot.
Join the community
Enjoy the peace of mind that advice is always only one Zoom call away.