While the term ‘growth marketing’ is relatively new, it has undergone something of an evolution over the last few years. Initially, a strategy employed by startups to ensure rapid growth from launch, today it refers to the data-driven efforts made by companies of any size to design, optimize, and consistently improve their growth through experimentation.
This is why more and more firms are adopting it as a core part of their business strategy; but with today’s unprecedented times, it can be hard to find the hands-on support and guidance needed to learn all about employing this type of marketing strategy.
What is a marketing bootcamp?
A marketing bootcamp is a seminar or workshop that is designed to teach marketers a certain skillset in a (relatively) short period of time. They are usually an intense, structured learning experience conducted over a period of days.
Normally, a marketing bootcamp would be held on-premise, but the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has clearly thrown a spanner in the works.
It is now very difficult, unlawful, or otherwise impossible to hold or attend in-person workshops. This has forced even more organizations to come up with new and innovative ways of running their programs without the need for the physical presence of attendees.
This is where the wonders of E-learning and online marketing bootcamps come into play.
Why should you go to a growth marketing bootcamp?
There are several reasons why growth marketing bootcamps can be tremendously beneficial.
First, nothing beats learning one-on-one from an expert in your field of interest. While it’s possible to read, research and level-up through self-study, having a guided learning experience with a professional is a surefire way to gain knowledge and expertise quickly.
Secondly, growth marketing bootcamps offer perfect networking opportunities! Group learning activities are a great way to make new contacts and to meet potential mentors, clients, and partners.
And thirdly – the intensive nature of growth marketing bootcamp courses means that there’s no room for procrastination! Fixed timelines and deliverables mean that you’ll have no choice but to do the work, do it well, and do it on time!
How much do growth marketing bootcamps usually cost?
While an average cost of $1,500 to $3,400 growth marketing bootcamps aren’t exactly cheap.
However, when we consider the value (and in-demand skills) that growth marketing bootcamps provide; it could be a worthy investment.
Just keep in mind that the price of a bootcamp will, of course, vary depending on the provider.
Growth marketing bootcamps you should know about
Growth marketing is a skill that you can’t afford to miss out on if you’re serious about keeping up with your competition.
Now is the perfect time to invest in a new growth marketing course! This is why we’ve rounded up a list of the best growth marketing bootcamps you should know about.
- When did it start: Velocity Growth was founded in 2020 by Craig Zingerline & Jason Calacanis, originally in support of the LAUNCH Accelerator, then spun out due to high demand from the public.
- What you’ll learn: Velocity Growth has courses on Growth Marketing, Fundraising for Startups, Channel Marketing, Podcasting, and Customer Discovery. Our flagship course, Mastering Growth, is available both on-demand as well as via live cohorts that we run 3 times per year. Our programs go deep into the main areas of startup growth, and our curriculums have been taken by hundreds of startups.
- Who are the instructors: Velocity Growth trainers include Craig Zingerline, Jen Bryan, and the rest of our internal team, as well as industry expert trainers for some of our programs.
- What is the format?: Velocity Growth courses are available both on-demand as well as via live-cohort style. We provide a very strong curriculum along with a series of accountability sessions between our students and our team, regular expert guest speaker sessions, office hours, live group mentorship, a robust online community, and more.
- Who’s it for: Velocity Growth programs are built for founders, early-stage employees in marketing and product roles, and channel marketers at larger companies. We’ve graduated pre-revenue companies all the way through public companies, and everyone in between.
- Price: $1,500 annually or $149/month for unlimited access to our programs.
Matt Johnson, Taskable
“The hour I spent every week in Velocity Growth easily saved me 10-20 hours of trying to figure things out on my own, and likely getting wrong the first time around. I can’t recommend this course enough.”
GrowthMentor members receive 10% off any membership at Velocity Growth using the code GROWTHMENTOR10.
- When did it start: GxAcademy was launched on May 1, 2016 by Seam Sheppard and Will Bunker.
- What you’ll learn: GxAcademy teaches Growth Marketing, Sales and Business Development, and UX Design. Their Growth Marketing program will teach you how to acquire customers and how to develop technical marketing skills.
- Who are the instructors: The GxAcademy course is taught by Ryan Kulp, the founder of Fomo.com.
- What is the format?: The course is self-paced and completely online. It features over 91 video lectures, 1:1 video call interactions with the instructor, and hand-reviewed homework.
- Who’s it for: The course is designed for newbie marketers with 1-3 years of experience and tech-savvy growth engineers.
- Price: $1,750
Love Ryan’s clear, easy to follow instructions on how to get started. If you’ve been looking to supercharge the growth of your business, this is exactly the way to do it!
- When did it start: GrowthTribe was founded in Amsterdam in 2015.
- What you’ll learn: GrowthTribe has Growth Marketing, Data, UX Design, and Product courses.
There are two growth marketing courses: The Growth Marketing Crash Course, which can be completed in 3 days, and the Growth Marketing Immersive Course, which can be completed in 6 weeks.The courses will teach you T-shaped marketing skills, how to use the tools used by businesses to fuel growth, and how to run rapid and intensive growth experiments.
- Who are the instructors: GrowthTribe uses expert trainers and growth practitioners to facilitate their live sessions.
- What is the format: GrowthTribe courses are live and online. Class sizes are limited, which ensures that everyone gets the real-time support that they need. You get real-time walkthroughs as you do the exercises, along with extra guidance and one-on-one coaching. You will also get lifetime access to the course material and the alumni communities.
- Who’s it for: The GrowthTribe Growth Marketing courses are designed for beginner to mid-level marketers. They are meant for people who are looking to learn cutting-edge growth processes that will help take their businesses to the next level.
- Price: €1197 for the Growth Marketing Crash Course, €1997 for the Growth Marketing Immersive Course.
Growth Tribe is a great platform for you if you are looking to change your mindset about traditional marketing and growth hacking.
Clara Nuta - Sr. Manager Marketing Planning - Philips
Awesome course. Definitely essential for anyone that wants to be up to date with the latest framework and tools in Growth Marketing.
- When did it start: General Assembly was founded in 2011 by Jake Schwartz, Matthew Brimer, Adam Pritzker, and Brad Hargreaves.
- What you’ll learn: General Assembly offers Software Engineering, UX Design, Data Science, Web Development, Product Management, and Data Analytics courses.
The Growth Marketing course will teach you how to launch a multi-channel brand along with the intricacies of acquisition and retention campaigns.
- Who are the instructors: All General Assembly courses feature premium content created by experts. These expert mentors will also guide you and give you any feedback you need in the convenient one-on-one sessions.
- What is the format: The Growth Marketing course features 53 unique lessons in a flexible, self-led format. You also get 5 one-on-one sessions with the mentors, along with downloadable lesson guides, quizzes, and skills assessment.
- Who’s it for: The Growth Marketing course is designed for people who are looking to build their skill set in this niche. It is also meant for people who are looking to boost their careers by acquiring additional skills.
- Price: $950
Whether you’re simply looking to develop your skills or to make yourself more marketable, General Assembly offers all the tools you’ll need!
Ophira Edut - Author
I launched my content marketing campaign to great success. This experience has already paid for itself. Thanks again for all the awesome guidance. It’s been phenomenal!
- When did it start: Growth Marketer Academy was launched in September 2016.
- What you’ll learn: You’ll learn Growth framework, audience & messaging, landing page & content funnel, SEO, building a social media Ad funnel, from concept to success, Mastering Google Ads, tracking & analytics, along with guides to launching a product/campaign.
- Who are the instructors: Growth Marketer Academy features many expert instructors. Some of the most prominent ones are William Lin, Rover Liao, and Katie Choy.
- What is the format: It is 100% online. The Bootcamp involves a weekly virtual live classroom with weekly assignment reviews. It has 4 rounds of video consultation from experts and a 1 on 1 feedback session from the staff. You also get to network with your peers and learn from them.
- Who’s it for: It is great for marketers, branding & business development professionals, public relations professionals, startups, and anyone passionate about marketing.
- Price: $650
With one-on-one mentoring, instant support, and unlimited access to virtual classrooms, growth marketer academy is a solid choice.
Rachel, Marketing, HK Listed Bank
After the bootcamp, I’ve got a firm grasp of the newest trends in the digital marketing field, which an in-house marketer usually lack.
- When did it start: The Growth Academy website was launched in November 2018.
- What you’ll learn: You’ll learn what data is important and how to use the right tools to get the most out of this data. You will also learn how to build a growth team and how to discover your most valuable marketing channels.
- Who are the instructors: Growth Academy’s Growth Marketing program features 3 main instructors; Jesse van Doren, Tom Kollee, and Hester Francken.:
- What is the format: It is a two-day interactive in-person training session.
- Who’s it for: The program has been designed for startups, corporate innovation teams, online marketers, product owners, data analysts, brand managers, and anyone passionate about digital marketing.
- Price: €1100
Equip yourself with the knowledge, tools, and resources you need to stand out in today’s competitive market; try Growthacademy today.
Andres van der Boor - Growth Marketeer - MT MediaGroep BV
Educational Bootcamp with many tips & tools that I will quickly apply to my work!
- When did it start: NBT Digital was launched in 2015.
- What you’ll learn: You will learn how to implement Growth and Digital Marketing through their Growth Marketing Hub platform and workshop.
- Who are the instructors: NBT Digital has several expert instructors, including founder Dr. Eren Kocyigit, a marketing lecturer at various universities, and Cigdem Cetinbas, the Managing Director at NBT.
- What is the format: The Bootcamp uses a hands-on approach in both their Growth Marketing hub and in-class workshop. There’s also continuous learning even after the workshop through the Growth Marketing Hub. All participants get access to the Growth Marketing Hub for 1 year.
The hub has guides, templates, exclusive resources, growth tactics, Industry tools & insights, and how-to videos that make learning a continuous process at Nbtdigital.
- Who’s it for: It is an all-inclusive Bootcamp that caters to Startups (both scaleup founders and team members), agencies, marketing & product teams, and sales teams.
- Price: Prices range from 1950 TL ($287) to 2950 TL ($435)
If you’re looking for tried and tested processes and tools from people who know exactly what they are talking about, this is the platform to go for.
Frederick Szydlowski - Co-founder Embargo App
The course with NBT Academy has laid out the often missed out basics in growth and digital marketing, before going into details and specific channels. It helped us to understand how to apply growth and digital marketing to different types of scenarios, businesses, and clients which made the discussion about specific channels much clearer.
- When did it start: Springboard was founded in 2013 in San Fransisco, US.
- What you’ll learn: You’ll learn marketing fundamentals, social media (paid and organic), metrics & measurement, email marketing, content marketing, conversion rate optimization, SEO/SEM, and other digital channels like affiliates, PR, and influencer marketing.
- Who are the instructors: The instructors are all digital marketing experts. Some of the most prominent ones are:
Suzy DeLine- A marketing consultant at Facebook
Kevin Cassidy- The head of Global Marketing Automation at Sage
Cari Pollack Sultanik- Senior Digital Marketing Strategist at IBM
Jonathan Lamas- Senior Digital Project Manager at Warner Brothers
- What is the format: All the lessons have real-life examples and projects. Every theory lesson is followed by projects that help you practice what you have learned. The projects help build your digital marketing portfolio and assist you in gaining more experience.
- Who’s it for: It is for anyone who wants to learn how to develop a digital marketing strategy, carry out campaigns through different channels like search, paid, social media, or email.
- Price: It costs $399/month. You can spread this over 6,12 or 18months. A majority of students complete the course in 3-4 months if they devote 8-10 hours a week.
Buy this course if you want to learn to think like a digital marketer, use digital marketing tactics, and have the opportunity to manage a $10,000 Adwords budget as you assist a nonprofit to have an online presence!
Springboard’s Digital Marketing course curates the best content available from digital marketers like me. Their mentor-led curriculum is a great option for anyone looking to begin a career in digital marketing!
- When did it start: Berkeley Digital Marketing Bootcamp is an extension of UC Berkeley. The UC Berkeley Extension was founded in 1891 as the continuing education branch of the University of California, Berkeley.
- What you’ll learn: You’ll learn marketing strategy, digital advertising, data organization, data automation, campaign development, and different marketing tools.
- Who are the instructors: Berkeley has 4 main instructors:
Christian Vuerings- Software engineer at Pinterest
Michael Bethencourt- Web development teacher
Jayson Philips- Senior software engineer at Pandora
Pavan Katepalli- Web development instructor
- What is the format: The classes are offered in Berkeley, San Fransisco, and Belmont. Their sessions are in the evenings and weekends, so they don’t interrupt your work schedule.
Learners also get to participate in hands-on projects to help them practice what they learn in class. For the duration of the COVID 19 pandemic, the classes are being held using virtual classroom software.
- Who’s it for: This Bootcamp is for anyone who wants to gain experience handling tools like Google Analytics, Customer Relationship Management Software (CRMs), Facebook Insights, HTML/CSS, MailChimp, and more.
- Price: $11,995
If you’ve got the budget for it, the Berkeley Bootcamp offers a premium service – great for those looking to level-up their digital marketing game.
I recently completed the 6-month variant of the UC Berkeley Boot Camp as one of the members of the very first cohort, and just this past week I accepted a job as a front-end engineer at a startup with a starting salary in the 90k range.
Alternatives to Marketing Bootcamps
Despite being cheaper than a college education, some people still find it hard to splash out on a digital marketing bootcamp.
Luckily, there are alternative options available.
You can create your own customized bootcamp using course material from the GrowthMentor video library. You also have the option of booking one-on-one calls or with expert growth mentors who will help you every step of the way.