Skip the research and get the answers straight from an expert.
Tired of spending hours on search engines looking for advice?Unlimited startup mentorship for $120/mo
How does it works?
Browse through our list of mentors using the filters. Make sure to read their profiles and reviews in depth, and make your choice.
Found the perfect mentor for you? Awesome, time to request a call. Tell them a bit about your situation, choose a time, and get it set on your calendar.
Time for the call, yay! Make sure you show up on time and prepared to make the most out of it. Pro tip: Ask your mentor if it’s ok to record the screen so you can take notes later.
Why talk to a startup expert?
On GrowthMentor you’ll be able to get easy access to vetted startup experts who have been through the grind and their success has earned them a place among the minority of startups that actually succeed. Leveraging their insight can help guide you away from the pitfalls that trip up most startup founders and keep you on the path to growth.
Things you can talk to a startup expert about:
- Help with idea validation
- Deciding whether to raise funds or continue bootstrapped
- When is the right time to hire
- Should you pivot or not
Common Use Cases
Fundraising as first time founder
Avoid beginner fundraising mistakes and talk to mentors that will share their stories with you.
How to build a community
Learn from community managers how they built thriving communities. From the platforms, to the community engagement tactics, get a head start.
Women empowerment in startups
Talk to mentors who are paying forward by sharing their personal experiences and knowledge to help empower women in tech.
Career advice for marketers in their first job
Get mentored on how to upskill yourself in your first marketing job while still driving results.
Early stage bootstrapped startup growth
Learn the best ways to grow an early-stage bootstrapped startup from mentors who have been there done that.
Surviving as the only marketer in a startup
Learn how to survive as the solo marketer in a startup without burning out.
Frequently asked questions
We have a very detailed filter system for you to sort the mentors. Filters like areas of expertise, tools, language, price and industry.
Members can also post a help request and have mentors apply to help if they feel they are a good fit.
Then the third option is to just ask us! Give it a try right now and ask us on live chat 🙂
- Google Hangouts
Mentors and mentees are able to set their communication tools in their profile settings.
It is a good idea to connect with the other person once the session is accepted and the details are given. This ensures that the correct details were given and when it is time to start, you can start on time.
Here are some tips on how to get the maximum bang for your time on growth mentor calls.
- Come into this with realistic expectations. They’re mentors, not magicians.
- Ask your mentor if they’d be cool with you recording your screen with Loom
- Give contextual information to help paint the picture of your current situation.
- Growth mentors will be asking you lots of questions, answer them as honest as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to push the boundaries of question asking. Be inquisitive. Stories are gold.
- Don’t feel pressure, just relax. There’s no right/wrong way to do this. Avoid binary thinking.
- Try to form mental patterns, especially if you speak with multiple mentors. Pay attention to metadata.
- Embrace alternative views. Ask the mentors to play devil’s advocate and challenge your assumptions.
- Be friendly and authentic. If you’re likable, the mentors will be your biggest supporters (even after the call is over).
Yup! Many of the mentors offer monthly coaching packages for members who want to really dive deep into a specific area.
Each mentor creates their own package so what they offer and the price vary from mentor to mentor. You can find their coaching info at the top of their profile.
Join the community
Enjoy the peace of mind that advice is always only one Zoom call away.