Tired of spending hours on search engines looking for advice?
Skip the research and get the answers straight from an expert.Unlimited startup mentorship for $75/mo
Find SEO mentors in just a few clicks
Browse through our exclusive database of vetted SEO mentors. Read their profiles and reviews in depth, and make your choice.
Found the perfect SEO mentor for you? Tell them a bit about your situation, choose a time, and get it set on your calendar.
Show up on time and prepared to make the most out of it. Ask questions, get advice, and get unstuck.
Why talk to a SEO mentor?
There’s a lot of misinformation regarding SEO. Some are even saying that SEO is dead, but this couldn’t be any further from the truth. Google’s algorithm is still largely based on the same exact principles.
Evergreen Principles of SEO:
- Create excellent content
- Make sure it loads fast and is crawlable
- Build high quality baclinks
This is a total over-simplification of SEO, but better to over-simplify than to over-complicate which results in paralysis by analysis.
Talking to an SEO mentor can help you find the golden balance and get you in the right mindset to execute your SEO campaigns with more confidence.
Common Use Cases
Frequently asked questions
If you are spending too much time reading SEO blogs and just want to talk to an expert
It’s always great to want to educate yourself but be mindful of the point of diminishing returns from self-education. There comes a point where you need to start putting theory to practice and testing things for yourself. No amount of reading blog posts can replace the insights you’ll get from building content experimentation with SEO techniques.
But this is a lot easier said than done. Experimenting with SEO requires in a meaningful way requires that you already have a site (preferably more) up and running and a solid baseline understanding of how things work.
By talking to a SEO expert online you can leverage the learnings of others on-demand and apply their learnings to your SEO strategy in real-time.
If you are considering restructuring something major e.g. URL hierarchy and want a second opinion
There are certain technical decisions that can have a major effect on your rankings and user experience for months and years to come. For example, during site migrations and changing of URL hierarchy.
If you’re torn between two or three different options on how to proceed with major technical SEO decisions, why not talk to a SEO expert and get their take?
If you are working with a SEO agency and want a 3rd party audit of their work
SEO is a multi-billion dollar industry with thousands of agencies that will tell you anything you want to hear in order to get you onboard as a client. Unfortunately over-promising and underdelivering is a common trademark of this industry. Talking to a growth mentor is a great idea if you’re currently using a SEO agency and want a quick 3rd party independent audit from an expert on how they’re doing.
If you want a real-time sparring partner while doing keyword research
Proper keyword research is a balancing act between keyword volume, competitiveness index, the intent behind the query, and many other variables. While tools like Ahrefs and Semrush are helpful, there is no programmatic AI driven way to replace the impact of human judgment. Keyword research is an art.
We have a very detailed filter system for you to sort the mentors. Filters like areas of expertise, tools, language, price and industry.
Members can also post a help request and have mentors apply to help if they feel they are a good fit.
Then the third option is to just ask us! Give it a try right now and ask us on live chat 🙂
- Google Hangouts
Mentors and mentees are able to set their communication tools in their profile settings.
It is a good idea to connect with the other person once the session is accepted and the details are given. This ensures that the correct details were given and when it is time to start, you can start on time.
Here are some tips on how to get the maximum bang for your time on growth mentor calls.
- Come into this with realistic expectations. They’re mentors, not magicians.
- Ask your mentor if they’d be cool with you recording your screen with Loom
- Give contextual information to help paint the picture of your current situation.
- Growth mentors will be asking you lots of questions, answer them as honest as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to push the boundaries of question asking. Be inquisitive. Stories are gold.
- Don’t feel pressure, just relax. There’s no right/wrong way to do this. Avoid binary thinking.
- Try to form mental patterns, especially if you speak with multiple mentors. Pay attention to metadata.
- Embrace alternative views. Ask the mentors to play devil’s advocate and challenge your assumptions.
- Be friendly and authentic. If you’re likable, the mentors will be your biggest supporters (even after the call is over).
Yup! Many of the SEO mentors offer monthly coaching packages for members who want to really dive deep into a specific area.
Each mentor creates their own package so what they offer and the price vary from mentor to mentor. You can find their coaching info at the top of their profile.
If you think you need help, you do
- Direct access to schedule 1:1 calls
- Ability to post help requests
- Opt in for 1:1 monthly coaching packages
- Weekly check-ins with our Accountability Coach
- Unlimited calls with mentors listed as FREE
- Membership to private Slack Community
- Ongoing support from admin with mentor suggestions