How Growth Mentor works?
Browse through our list of +200 mentors using the filters. Make sure to read their profiles and reviews in depth, and make your choice.
Found the perfect mentor for you? Awesome, time to request a call. Tell them a bit about your situation, choose a time, and get it set on your calendar.
Time for the call, yay! Make sure you show up on time and prepared to make the most out of it. Pro tip: Ask your mentor if it’s ok to record the screen so you can take notes later.
Why talk to a product launch expert?
You’re launching your product, yay! 🎉
Exciting times for sure, but your product launch is also a major acquisition opportunity, and way too many people squander it because they don’t have a launch strategy in place.
Speaking to other marketers and founders that have first-hand experience launching products can help you avoid some of the common product launch mistakes people make.
- Launching too quickly on Product Hunt
- Underestimating the leverage of a lowkey shadow launch
- Not building a pre-launch email list
- Over-promising and under-delivering
- Having unrealistic expectations
On GrowthMentor, you’ll get direct 1:1 access to product launch experts that would be happy to mentor you.
Your product launch strategy is critical.
Get a second opinion from product launch experts that have been there and done that before.
Common Use Cases
Ten tips for your Product Hunt launch strategy and suggestions on which mentors to speak with about the debutant ball for startups.
Having someone that can challenge your assumptions will help you develop your ideas. This is key in evaluating your business idea and more importantly to build a foundation that makes going from concept to action more feasible.
Your product might be awesome, but if you don’t properly communicate that value and paint the picture of the wings it gives it’s users then product-market fit will always just be that elusive “thing” you read about on startup blogs.
If you’re a non-technical founder, talking to a startup mentor with a strong technical background can help save you a boatload of money and time.
Looking for funding takes a lot of concentration and time. Consequently, your ability to focus on your core business suffers. And when you’re at an early stage, you need to be on your A game.
If you’re simply not sure what to do next then why not get a second opinion?
Entrepreneurship truly is a roller-coaster. The cliche about the ups and the downs ain’t no joke.
Frequently asked questions
We have a very detailed filter system for you to sort the mentors. Filters like areas of expertise, tools, language, price and industry.
Members can also post a help request and have mentors apply to help if they feel they are a good fit.
Then the third option is to just ask us! Give it a try right now and ask us on live chat 🙂
- Google Hangouts
Mentors and mentees are able to set their communication tools in their profile settings.
It is a good idea to connect with the other person once the session is accepted and the details are given. This ensures that the correct details were given and when it is time to start, you can start on time.
Here are some tips on how to get the maximum bang for your time on growth mentor calls.
- Come into this with realistic expectations. They’re mentors, not magicians.
- Ask your mentor if they’d be cool with you recording your screen with Loom
- Give contextual information to help paint the picture of your current situation.
- Growth mentors will be asking you lots of questions, answer them as honest as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to push the boundaries of question asking. Be inquisitive. Stories are gold.
- Don’t feel pressure, just relax. There’s no right/wrong way to do this. Avoid binary thinking.
- Try to form mental patterns, especially if you speak with multiple mentors. Pay attention to metadata.
- Embrace alternative views. Ask the mentors to play devil’s advocate and challenge your assumptions.
- Be friendly and authentic. If you’re likable, the mentors will be your biggest supporters (even after the call is over).
Yup! Many of the mentors offer monthly coaching packages for members who want to really dive deep into a specific area.
Each mentor creates their own package so what they offer and the price vary from mentor to mentor. You can find their coaching info at the top of their profile.
Join the GrowthMentor Community
- Direct access to schedule 1:1 calls
- Ability to post help requests
- Opt in for 1:1 monthly coaching packages
- Weekly check-ins with our Accountability Coach
- Unlimited calls with mentors listed as FREE
- Membership to private Slack Community
- Ongoing support from admin with mentor suggestions