Tired of spending hours on search engines looking for advice?
Skip the research and get the answers straight from an expert.Unlimited startup mentorship for $75/mo
How Growth Mentor works?
Browse through our list of +200 mentors using the filters. Make sure to read their profiles and reviews in depth, and make your choice.
Found the perfect mentor for you? Awesome, time to request a call. Tell them a bit about your situation, choose a time, and get it set on your calendar.
Time for the call, yay! Make sure you show up on time and prepared to make the most out of it. Pro tip: Ask your mentor if it’s ok to record the screen so you can take notes later.
Why talk to a product analytics expert?
On GrowthMentor you’ll be able to get easy access to vetted product analytics experts who have “been there done that” experience setting up analytics tech stacks leveraging tools like Segment, Mixpanel, Amplitude, Heap, and more. Get advice directly from the operators working in the field. Beyond just really knowing their stuff, the product analytics experts on GrowthMentor are all pretty cool people that genuinely enjoy helping people grow.
Take advantage of their insights in product analytics and you’ll be able to walk away from the pitfalls that trip up most people with product analytics.
Things you can talk about:
- Deciding what tools to use, Mixpanel vs. Amplitude, etc.
- Getting advice on best practices like naming conventions for events, people attributes, etc.
- What to think about when coming up with an analytics strategy at a very high level
- Anything else that you might be stuck on that’s related to product analytics
Common Use Cases
No code makes building software possible without hiring expensive and developers.
The success of any growth experiment strongly depends on how well it is set up. Are you using a standardized and repeatable framework? Are your growth experiments prioritized with respect to other potential experiments that could also drive growth?
Growth hacking is all about using an agile process that’s grounded in rapid experimentation and constant learning. It’s the business version of holding a growth mindset, and it’s for that very reason that it works so well.
If you’re currently a bit stuck on deciding which web application framework to use, talking with technical founders and product managers with years of experience will definitely help make the decision easier.
Frequently asked questions
The only people who know what it’s like to build a company from nothing are the ones who have done it for themselves.
It takes discipline and resourcefulness and even if you have that there are going to be surprises on the way that will catch you off-guard.
The best way to plan for the journey ahead is to talk to the people who have walked the same path and can give you advice on situations that you may face. Find your way forward by talking to the mentors that have bootstrapped their way to seven figures on a shoestring.
When you’re just getting started, giving away a portion of your business for some cash may be necessary to grow, but anyone who’s done it knows that it hurts.
But with the right idea you may be able to find the capital you need without giving away equity.
Talk to a resourceful growth mentor who can help you find ways to get cash in the door quickly and cut down your expenses to what’s really essential. Find profit early and make every dollar you give out work for you.
Bootstrapping often means keeping your startup lean, running at minimum cost, and maximizing the return on every dollar spent.
Seasoned entrepreneurs who have bootstrapped their own startups will be able to help you find and leverage the right tools to save you time, money and resources. They’ll also have worked with several freelancers/agencies that they can recommend to help you find quality work from affordable sources.
Is your business at the right stage to start looking for outside investment? Do you understand the implications of tying your startup’s future to the needs of your investors?
Raising money is more than just a check that gives your business liquidity, it has implications that extend from how quickly you need to scale to how soon you plan to exit.
A mentor can help you evaluate whether external funding is something you should consider or if maybe it’s better to grind it out until your business is in a better position to scale.
Sometimes boiling your product idea down to its Minimum Viable Product is a quick way to get it to market quickly and start bringing in some cash.
But what features are essential, and which will cost you more time and development money keeping you away from the customers you could be selling to now?
Talk to someone who can give you feedback on your product’s development, and what you need before you can realistically expect to start selling it to customers in a way that you can afford.
- Google Hangouts
Mentors and mentees are able to set their communication tools in their profile settings.
It is a good idea to connect with the other person once the session is accepted and the details are given. This ensures that the correct details were given and when it is time to start, you can start on time.
Here are some tips on how to get the maximum bang for your time on growth mentor calls.
- Come into this with realistic expectations. They’re mentors, not magicians.
- Ask your mentor if they’d be cool with you recording your screen with Loom
- Give contextual information to help paint the picture of your current situation.
- Growth mentors will be asking you lots of questions, answer them as honest as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to push the boundaries of question asking. Be inquisitive. Stories are gold.
- Don’t feel pressure, just relax. There’s no right/wrong way to do this. Avoid binary thinking.
- Try to form mental patterns, especially if you speak with multiple mentors. Pay attention to metadata.
- Embrace alternative views. Ask the mentors to play devil’s advocate and challenge your assumptions.
- Be friendly and authentic. If you’re likable, the mentors will be your biggest supporters (even after the call is over).
Join the GrowthMentor Community
- Direct access to schedule 1:1 calls
- Ability to post help requests
- Opt in for 1:1 monthly coaching packages
- Weekly check-ins with our Accountability Coach
- Unlimited calls with mentors listed as FREE
- Membership to private Slack Community
- Ongoing support from admin with mentor suggestions