Tired of spending hours on search engines looking for advice?
Skip the research and get the answers straight from an expert.Unlimited startup mentorship for $60/mo
How GrowthMentor works?
Browse through our list of +200 mentors using the filters. Make sure to read their profiles and reviews in depth, and make your choice.
Found the perfect mentor for you? Awesome, time to request a call. Tell them a bit about your situation, choose a time, and get it set on your calendar.
Time for the call, yay! Make sure you show up on time and prepared to make the most out of it. Pro tip: Ask your mentor if it’s ok to record the screen so you can take notes later.
Get coached on building a growth mindset
Developing a growth mindset in business is something that you have to do on your own.
It takes grit, persistence, and the type of inner strength that can only be forged out of adversity.
But talking to a growth mentor can absolutely help you on your path:
- If you feel like your fixed mindset is holding you back from being the best version of yourself
- If you know that there’s another level you can reach but are holding yourself back from actualizing it
- If you are curious to learn the mental models used by successful founders that helped them stay disciplined
- If you want tips on how to stay discliplined even during times of super high stress
If you, as a mentee, have a growth mindset and you’re able to find a mentor that can support that, you’re in the perfect place to continue to grow… and grow and grow!
Common Use Cases
Entrepreneurship truly is a roller-coaster. The cliche about the ups and the downs ain’t no joke.
If you’re simply not sure what to do next then why not get a second opinion?
If you’re in need of help in making sense of everything – prioritization, actionable items, where to start, then speaking to a mentor that has prior head of growth experience can be game-changing.
If you want to be your own boss and are looking to get guidance to steer you in the right direction, talk to someone who’s “been there done that,” preferably outside your circle of peers.
If you’re a solo founder it can get pretty lonely without someone to bounce ideas off of. Not anymore when you have access to friendly growth mentors!
There comes a point where you need to start putting theory to practice and testing things for yourself. No amount of reading blog posts can replace the insights you’ll get from building content experimentation with SEO techniques.
Frequently asked questions
We have a very detailed filter system for you to sort the mentors. Filters like areas of expertise, tools, language, price and industry.
Members can also post a help request and have mentors apply to help if they feel they are a good fit.
Then the third option is to just ask us! Give it a try right now and ask us on live chat 🙂
- Google Hangouts
Mentors and mentees are able to set their communication tools in their profile settings.
It is a good idea to connect with the other person once the session is accepted and the details are given. This ensures that the correct details were given and when it is time to start, you can start on time.
Here are some tips on how to get the maximum bang for your time on growth mentor calls.
- Come into this with realistic expectations. They’re mentors, not magicians.
- Ask your mentor if they’d be cool with you recording your screen with Loom
- Give contextual information to help paint the picture of your current situation.
- Growth mentors will be asking you lots of questions, answer them as honest as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to push the boundaries of question asking. Be inquisitive. Stories are gold.
- Don’t feel pressure, just relax. There’s no right/wrong way to do this. Avoid binary thinking.
- Try to form mental patterns, especially if you speak with multiple mentors. Pay attention to metadata.
- Embrace alternative views. Ask the mentors to play devil’s advocate and challenge your assumptions.
- Be friendly and authentic. If you’re likable, the mentors will be your biggest supporters (even after the call is over).
Yup! Many of the mentors offer monthly coaching packages for members who want to really dive deep into a specific area.
Each mentor creates their own package so what they offer and the price vary from mentor to mentor. You can find their coaching info at the top of their profile.
Join the GrowthMentor Community
- Direct access to schedule 1:1 calls
- Ability to post help requests
- Opt in for 1:1 monthly coaching packages
- Weekly check-ins with our Accountability Coach
- Unlimited calls with mentors listed as FREE
- Membership to private Slack Community
- Ongoing support from admin with mentor suggestions