Skip the research and get the answers straight from an expert.
Tired of spending hours on search engines looking for advice?Unlimited startup mentorship for $120/mo
How does it works?
Browse through our list of mentors using the filters. Make sure to read their profiles and reviews in depth, and make your choice.
Found the perfect mentor for you? Awesome, time to request a call. Tell them a bit about your situation, choose a time, and get it set on your calendar.
Time for the call, yay! Make sure you show up on time and prepared to make the most out of it. Pro tip: Ask your mentor if it’s ok to record the screen so you can take notes later.
Why talk to a conversion rate optimization expert?
If you’re looking for growth, one of the most important things you can do is to learn how to optimize your conversion rate. The conversion rate is the percentage of visitors who turn into customers, and it’s a key metric for any business owner or marketer to track.
But how do you learn how to optimize your conversion rates? You could hire an expert in conversion rate optimization (CRO), but that’s not always easy or affordable. Luckily, there’s another option: finding a mentor who can help guide you through the process of optimizing your website or application.
When you have a mentor, they’ll be able to help guide you through the process of converting more visitors into customers with their advice on what needs improvement and what works well. They’ll also be able to provide tips specific to your industry so that you don’t have to spend time figuring out what works best for everyone else in general but instead focus on learning what will work best for your particular business model and audience.
Mentors are also great because they can give insight into why certain things work well while others don’t—so they’re not just telling you what’s working but also why it’s working in order for them both create better results together over time as well as.
Here are a few signs that a CRO mentor is good fit for you:
- If you want an expert to go over your landing page via screenshare and point out low-lying fruit tweaks that you can score
- If you absolutely are positive that you’re not the best conversion rate optimization specialist and can learn a thing or two
- If you have a high-ticket product or service, a boost in conversion rate will surely affect your bottom line in a meaningful way
- If don’t have high enough traffic in order to do statistically significant A/B testing and need quick gut checks done
- If you have super high traffic and want to start A/B testing but have never “properly” done it before and want to learn from pros
Common Use CasesView all
Frequently asked questions
Conversion rate optimization is important because it can help you boost sales, save money, and increase the number of people who find and interact with your brand.
When you optimize your website’s conversion rate, you’re improving the percentage of people who take a desired action when visiting your site such as making a purchase or signing up for an email list. This can have a huge impact on sales because if someone visits your site but doesn’t convert, they might never return to do so later.
Conversion rate optimization helps you get more bang for your buck by reducing unnecessary costs. For example, it could help you avoid paying for traffic that doesn’t convert into customers. Additionally, it could help you make better use of ads on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter by directing more people towards landing pages where they can complete an action (like signing up, downloading a lead magnet, or subscribing to your newsletter).
There are so many different ways to learn conversion rate optimization!
The first thing you should do is read up on the basics of CRO to learn the fundamentals. Then jump right into learn by doing. Start with some basic A/B tests. One of the easiest ways to begin testing is by creating a new landing page for your product or service, then applying different variations in design, wording, and other elements. You can also create variations in your existing landing pages by changing things like color scheme and imagery.
Once you’ve built up some experience with A/B testing, try creating more complicated tests that involve more elements like copywriting techniques, email campaigns, and even retargeting ads. If you want some help with this step, there are dozens of conversion rate optimization experts on GrowthMentor that will can walk you through different ways to run experiments using tools like Optimizely and Visual Website Optimizer (VWO) and Google Optimize. You don’t have to go it alone.
We have a very detailed filter system for you to sort the conversion rate optimization mentors. Filters like areas of expertise, tools, language, price and industry.
Members can also post a help request and have mentors apply to help if they feel they are a good fit.
Then the third option is to just ask us! Give it a try right now and ask us on live chat 🙂
- Google Hangouts
Mentors and mentees are able to set their communication tools in their profile settings.
It is a good idea to connect with the other person once the session is accepted and the details are given. This ensures that the correct details were given and when it is time to start, you can start on time.
Here are some tips on how to get the maximum bang for your time on growth mentor calls.
- Come into this with realistic expectations. They’re mentors, not magicians.
- Ask your mentor if they’d be cool with you recording your screen with Loom
- Give contextual information to help paint the picture of your current situation.
- Growth mentors will be asking you lots of questions, answer them as honest as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to push the boundaries of question asking. Be inquisitive. Stories are gold.
- Don’t feel pressure, just relax. There’s no right/wrong way to do this. Avoid binary thinking.
- Try to form mental patterns, especially if you speak with multiple mentors. Pay attention to metadata.
- Embrace alternative views. Ask the mentors to play devil’s advocate and challenge your assumptions.
- Be friendly and authentic. If you’re likable, the mentors will be your biggest supporters (even after the call is over).
Yup! Many of the mentors offer monthly coaching packages for members who want to really dive deep into a specific area.
Each mentor creates their own package so what they offer and the price vary from mentor to mentor. You can find their coaching info at the top of their profile.
Join the community
Enjoy the peace of mind that advice is always only one Zoom call away.