If you want to get better at customer success
… you’ll love GrowthMentor.
Solve difficult customer success problems
Get expert feedback
Feel focused and inspired
“Talking with people who actually were in your shoes can save you tons of time and money”
Get the inside scoop on what's working in customer success from operators in the field
What mentors can help you with:
- CSM best practices
- Improve internal processes
- Learn how to build a community
- How to know when to make your first CS hire
- Trouble-shoot lacklustre nurture sequences
- Tips on how to land a CSM role
- Advice on best tools to monitor customer engagement
- Discuss how to reduce churn rate
- Improve feature adoption
Meet the customer success consultant alternatives that genuinely enjoy helping
“Very insightful chat on our customer journey and how we bind all brand elements together. Rachel used her knowledge in her own NGO-background + sharp commercial insight to help us further! Highly recommended :)”
“Rachel is an amazing marketer. I learned a great deal from her about how to proceed with building my product. If you need expert marketing advice, I highly recommend talking to her.”
“Rachel was great to talk to! It’s clear that she’s an expert in her field and has a lot of experience in navigating differing stakeholder opinions, business challenges, and can offer insights to anyone about all things marketing.”
“Oz has been very patient and supportive in offering his free help on my query. I was looking for advice on starting a new career as a Customer Success Manager and was able to confidently express my current situation and hear an unbiased opinion. With Oz’s expertise, I was able to hear first hand what it is like to create a CSM team and manage.”
“Oz has great insights on Customer Success. I really enjoyed our session.”
I needed Project management advice, as I found myself getting stuck unable to push through the stress and anxiety surrounding the task at hand so I reached out to Oz for help.
He’s incredibly friendly, patient, and genuine in his approach and desire to help. Everything and more that I was looking for from Growthmentor, thank you Oz!
“Joran shared with me lots of great insights about the customer support and success industry, as well as some actionable strategies to get clients for my agency through cold emails.”
“Talking to Joran was exceptional in every way. What a great conversation! I learned a ton and will for sure reach out again. Thanks for your time Joran.”
“Joran was very honest and straight forward. He was able to help set reasonable goals for myself. Thank you Joran, appreciated your time!”
“Great call. Discussed customer research in our 30 mins call and came up with quite a few approaches to go about it. Recommended.”
“Super helpful chat with Kevin! He really helped me to think carefully about my goals and choosing what to put energy into to achieve them.”
Tap into expert guidance when you need it
1. Join the Community
2. Schedule a video-call
3. Show up and get 1:1 guidance
Get unstuck with a mentor
- Direct access to schedule 1:1 calls
- Unlimited calls with mentors listed as FREE
- Ongoing support from admin with mentor suggestions
- 70+ hours of exclusive video content
- Topically themed Mastermind Groups
- Weekly check-ins with our Accountability Coach
- Access to Private Slack Community
Frequently Asked Questions
The best customer success consultants usually charge between $100-200 per hour. This is out of budget for most founders to spend, so they view it as a “luxury” and just move on without any expert guidance.
The problem is that without guidance from someone with real-world experience, you have to learn the hard way – trial and error.
Risks of learning only through trial and error:
- You spend too much time reading blog posts and watching courses instead of executing.
- You become susceptible to the Dunning-Kruger effect, a cognitive bias where people with limited competence in a given domain greatly overestimate their own knowledge or competence in that domain relative to the performance of their peers.
- You hit your first few failures and convince yourself that investing in customer success does not work for your business, missing the opportunity to truly give it a fair shot.
On GrowthMentor it’s easy to get mentored by vetted practitioners to help you get unstuck with whatever challenges you’re currently facing in building and growing a customer success function in your company.
Learn more about how we can help.
Using the tools you already use. Mentors can select between either Sype, Google Meet, or Zoom.
Here are some tips.
- Come into this with realistic expectations. They’re mentors, not magicians.
- Ask your mentor if they’d be ok with you recording your screen with Loom
- Give contextual information to help paint the picture of your current situation.
- Growth mentors will be asking you lots of questions, answer them as openly as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to push the boundaries of question-asking. Be inquisitive. Stories are gold.
- Don’t feel pressure, just relax.
- Try to form mental patterns, especially if you speak with multiple mentors.
- Embrace alternative views. Ask the mentors to challenge your assumptions.
- Be friendly. If you’re likable, the mentors will be your biggest supporters (even after the call is over).
We have a filter system for you to sort mentors. Filters by expertise, industry, tools, company, and even language.
If choosing in all of the awesomeness is overwhelming, just ask us for a hand-picked recommendation!
Pros of consultants:
Consultants offer more tangible value than mentors as a significant portion of their contribution comes in via deliverables.
Cons of consultants:
High hourly rates and retainers. The relationship is transactional in nature. Valuable knowledge is locked away in the minds of third parties if you decide to outsource executables.
Pros of mentors:
Mentors are primarily driven by intrinsic values and may be more relatable in terms of roles and responsibilities to you than a consultant.
Cons of mentors:
Mentors do not offer hands-on support. They’re there to guide you, but you have to put in the work to make things happen which will take more time.
Join the community
Enjoy the peace of mind that advice is always only one Zoom call away.