If you want to get better at CRO
… you’ll love GrowthMentor.
Solve difficult conversion problems
Get expert feedback
Feel focused and inspired
“I realized that my old methods of learning (Googling issues and taking courses) were not enough.”
Get the inside scoop on what's working in conversion rate optimization from operators in the field
What mentors can help you with:
- Validate experiments before launching
- Trouble-shoot lacklustre PPC campaigns
- Tips for how to quality of landing pages
- Improve experimentation processes
- Tips on how to hire a full time CRO
- Improving conversion rate of onboarding flows
- Understanding how to write a hypothesis
- Advice on best tools to use for AB testing
- How to know when to kill an experiment
Meet the conversion rate optimization consultant alternatives that genuinely enjoy helping
“John was very transparent and gave me good insights into the effective conversion optimisation process. I left the session with a list of tools to improve my CRO. Very friendly and competent!”
“John helped me a great deal with understanding what are the boundaries of Shopify+ checkout optimisation. Very business/goal oriented, focused on understanding the problem first instead of providing easy solution. Really recommend you schedule a session with John if you want to solve any problem related to conversion of experimentation.”
“Thank you for taking your time to understand my business challenges and defining the requirements for analytics with me. John suggested some analytics solutions for web to app, and what which events we should exactly track. I would love to have another call with him and learn more!”
“Daphne not only is a great professional and a great expert when it comes to CRO, but she also is super nice, kind, and patient. I definitely recommend taking a session with her!”
“Had a brilliant call with Daphne. She’s incredibly knowledgeable and shared some very helpful insights. She’s also written some great content about the specific issues I raised – which is always a good sign! Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend her as a mentor.”
“Daphne’s awesome. We zoomed out/in/out/in, connected some blurry dots, chatted about boots on the ground observations within FB ads (hit rates of remarketing CA’s, LALs, performance of broad vs. tight & targeted cold audiences, creatives, what’s working/not), brainstormed a few content ideas, referral loops, etc. You know, just your typical 30-minute chat with two ADHD growth freaks.”
“I was in a bout of analysis paralysis and Melissa really helped me break down what is logical based on my goals, how I can implement the steps, and provided really good resources during and after our call. Thanks again Melissa!”
“10 out of 5 stars for Melissa. We had a great brainstorming discussion about the ways to collect feedback and what might work in our case. Now it is up to us to test the hypothesis. Thank you Melissa for your time”
“Amazing session with Melissa. I had a couple of examples to get her opinion on and she did a great job providing her insights to supplement my work :)”
“Had a really great session diving into data org structures and best practices. I came away from the conversation with a brand new perspective on how to collaborate with the data org. Would definitely recommend a call with Sunny!”
“Talking to Sunny was a great experience! With her knowledge, insight and data oriented thinking, I was able to gain a new perspective on my current situation and determine my next steps in product development with confidence. Thank you Sunny! I look forward to talking with you again.”
“Sunny helped me some critical questions about product analytics using Amplitude. After call, I feel more confident about building the product analytics system for my company. I think her deep knowledge about product analytics will help you achieve efficient decision making through building the data system for any company you work for. I feel lucky that I find Sunny, and would like to work with her more in the near future.”
Tap into expert guidance when you need it
1. Join the Community
2. Schedule a video-call
3. Show up and get 1:1 guidance
Get unstuck with a mentor
- Direct access to schedule 1:1 calls
- Unlimited calls with mentors listed as FREE
- Ongoing support from admin with mentor suggestions
- 70+ hours of exclusive video content
- Topically themed Mastermind Groups
- Weekly check-ins with our Accountability Coach
- Access to Private Slack Community
Frequently Asked Questions
The best conversion rate optimisation consultants usually charge between $100-200 per hour. This is out of budget for most founders to spend, so they view it as a “luxury” and just move on without any expert guidance.
The problem is that without guidance from someone with real-world experience, you have to learn the hard way – trial and error.
Risks of learning only through trial and error:
- You spend too much time reading blog posts and watching courses instead of executing.
- You become susceptible to the Dunning-Kruger effect, a cognitive bias where people with limited competence in a given domain greatly overestimate their own knowledge or competence in that domain relative to the performance of their peers.
- You hit your first few failures and convince yourself that conversion rate optimisation does not work for your business, missing the opportunity to truly give it a fair shot.
On GrowthMentor it’s easy to get mentored by vetted practitioners to help you get unstuck with whatever challenges you’re currently facing in optimizing your conversions.
Learn more about how we can help.
Using the tools you already use. Mentors can select between either Sype, Google Meet, or Zoom.
Here are some tips.
- Come into this with realistic expectations. They’re mentors, not magicians.
- Ask your mentor if they’d be ok with you recording your screen with Loom
- Give contextual information to help paint the picture of your current situation.
- Growth mentors will be asking you lots of questions, answer them as openly as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to push the boundaries of question-asking. Be inquisitive. Stories are gold.
- Don’t feel pressure, just relax.
- Try to form mental patterns, especially if you speak with multiple mentors.
- Embrace alternative views. Ask the mentors to challenge your assumptions.
- Be friendly. If you’re likable, the mentors will be your biggest supporters (even after the call is over).
We have a filter system for you to sort mentors. Filters by expertise, industry, tools, company, and even language.
If choosing in all of the awesomeness is overwhelming, just ask us for a hand-picked recommendation!
Pros of consultants:
Consultants offer more tangible value than mentors as a significant portion of their contribution comes in via deliverables.
Cons of consultants:
High hourly rates and retainers. The relationship is transactional in nature. Valuable knowledge is locked away in the minds of third parties if you decide to outsource executables.
Pros of mentors:
Mentors are primarily driven by intrinsic values and may be more relatable in terms of roles and responsibilities to you than a consultant.
Cons of mentors:
Mentors do not offer hands-on support. They’re there to guide you, but you have to put in the work to make things happen which will take more time.
Join the community
Enjoy the peace of mind that advice is always only one Zoom call away.