If you want to get better at content marketing
… you’ll love GrowthMentor.
Solve difficult content problems
Get expert feedback
Feel focused and inspired
“We managed to recreate the whole content of our website and make it more understandable to non-tech people with the help of a few mentors."
Get the inside scoop on what's working in content marketing from operators in the field
What mentors can help you with:
- Validate ideas before executing
- Trouble-shoot lacklustre content formats
- Tips for how to quality of content
- Improve content operations efficiency
- Building a content team from scratch
- Improving conversion rate of TOF content
- Advice on best tools to use
- Help deciding what to prioritize
- Creating customer personas
Meet the content marketing consultant alternatives that genuinely enjoy helping
“Awesome session. Lisa had some great overall steers on my marketing efforts – namely to better understand where my customers are getting their current influence from, and how they describe my product in 10 simple words. She then constructively critiqued the various growth hacking ideas I have. Loads of value…thank you!”
“I really enjoyed speaking with Lisa. She’s a real pro, and I loved learning about her background and path to where she is now. She offered great advice and tips. I ended our session with a page full of notes and actionable items. I will definitely book another call, thank you Lisa!!”
“OMG Lisa is so so amazing! Her energy is contagious and she is extremely friendly. I felt so uplifted after having a call with her. She helped me with strategy on idea validation, pitch deck go to market strategy and clarity on fundraising. Talk to her if you are feeling frustrated or need clarity!”
“Emilia had done a lot of pre-work before the call. She helped me prioritize how I should go with my content strategy and what is high RoI for my business. I would recommend Emilia for anything in SaaS and Content Marketing”
“John was very transparent and gave me good insights into the effective conversion optimisation process. I left the session with a list of tools to improve my CRO. Very friendly and competent!”
“Emilia completely understood my situation and the challenges of scaling a marketing team. She actually demonstrated how she managed to do it and shared helpful practice tips.”
“I highly recommend Joanna for a marketing audit. I had a request about growing sales in freelance, and Joanna quickly assessed my progress, the state of the market, and helped me weed out misconceptions I had about my client profiles. Thanks to her advice I see a way how to move away from “work per hour” approach to packaging solutions. Plus, she generated a wealth of fun content ideas that are relevant for my niche and fit with me. This consultation was exactly what I needed.”
“Joanna was super-helpful and had valuable insights to offer about my product marketing and content strategy. I really appreciated that she took the time to read my prep document and check out my website ahead of our call. The hour flew by as Joanna was so fun to talk to, and full of ideas. I came away feeling invigorated, and armed with many actionable tactics. I’d definitely recommend Joanna, and hope to check in with her again once I’ve had time to put some of these in place.”
“Joanna was amazing. She’s direct, and could instantly ‘read’ me to anticipate what would be helpful for my business. She shared helpful frameworks that I could apply to my business right away. I will definitely be booking again, the time went by too fast! Thanks Joanna, great talking with you!”
Tap into expert guidance when you need it
1. Join the Community
2. Schedule a video-call
3. Show up and get 1:1 guidance
Get unstuck with a mentor
- Direct access to schedule 1:1 calls
- Unlimited calls with mentors listed as FREE
- Ongoing support from admin with mentor suggestions
- 70+ hours of exclusive video content
- Topically themed Mastermind Groups
- Weekly check-ins with our Accountability Coach
- Access to Private Slack Community
Frequently Asked Questions
The best content marketing consultants usually charge between $100-200 per hour. This is out of budget for most founders to spend, so they view it as a “luxury” and just move on without any expert guidance.
The problem is that without guidance from someone with real-world experience, you have to learn the hard way – trial and error.
Risks of learning only through trial and error:
- You spend too much time reading blog posts and watching courses instead of executing.
- You become susceptible to the Dunning-Kruger effect, a cognitive bias where people with limited competence in a given domain greatly overestimate their own knowledge or competence in that domain relative to the performance of their peers.
- You hit your first few failures and convince yourself that content marketing does not work for your business, missing the opportunity to truly give it a fair shot.
On GrowthMentor it’s easy to get mentored by vetted practitioners to help you get unstuck with whatever challenges you’re currently facing in content marketing or content operations.
Learn more about how we can help.
Using the tools you already use. Mentors can select between either Sype, Google Meet, or Zoom.
Here are some tips.
- Come into this with realistic expectations. They’re mentors, not magicians.
- Ask your mentor if they’d be ok with you recording your screen with Loom
- Give contextual information to help paint the picture of your current situation.
- Growth mentors will be asking you lots of questions, answer them as openly as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to push the boundaries of question-asking. Be inquisitive. Stories are gold.
- Don’t feel pressure, just relax.
- Try to form mental patterns, especially if you speak with multiple mentors.
- Embrace alternative views. Ask the mentors to challenge your assumptions.
- Be friendly. If you’re likable, the mentors will be your biggest supporters (even after the call is over).
We have a filter system for you to sort mentors. Filters by expertise, industry, tools, company, and even language.
If choosing in all of the awesomeness is overwhelming, just ask us for a hand-picked recommendation!
Pros of consultants:
Consultants offer more tangible value than mentors as a significant portion of their contribution comes in via deliverables.
Cons of consultants:
High hourly rates and retainers. The relationship is transactional in nature. Valuable knowledge is locked away in the minds of third parties if you decide to outsource executables.
Pros of mentors:
Mentors are primarily driven by intrinsic values and may be more relatable in terms of roles and responsibilities to you than a consultant.
Cons of mentors:
Mentors do not offer hands-on support. They’re there to guide you, but you have to put in the work to make things happen which will take more time.
Learn more about startup and marketing consultants.
How NotionForms Ranked #1 On Product Hunt with a Little Help from Their Friends
Join the community
Enjoy the peace of mind that advice is always only one Zoom call away.