Google Ads are one of the most effective ways to grow your business; 90% of consumers claim that search ads influence their purchasing decisions.
Knowing Google Ads is a valuable growth tool is one thing, but understanding how to run them effectively is another. Luckily, if you want to learn Google Ads, there are plenty of kick-ass online courses that have you covered.
But before we dive into Google Ads world let’s answer some questions that you might have.
Are Google Ad courses free?
Guess what? You can find Google Ads courses for free and paid, depending on where you look! Free classes and tutorials are up for grabs on sites like YouTube and Google Skillshop. But if you’re checking out platforms like Udemy and Coursera, be prepared to shell out some cash for certain courses.
To find the perfect course that fits your goals and wallet, spend some time digging around and comparing your options.
But before you decide whether to whip out your credit card, there’s just one more question we’ve gotta answer…
Is Google Ads certifications worth it?
The answer is yes. YES! Google Ads certifications are totally worth it. They’re recognized all over the place and are an awesome way to show off your Google Ads expertise to potential clients or employers.
Plus, prepping for the certification can level up your Google Ads know-how and boost your overall marketing skills.
Google Ads Courses (Our Top Picks):
1. God Tier Ads
Ed Leake’s God Tier Ads course promises to provide a comprehensive and logical system to give you clarity for your ad campaigns. The course covers every aspect of Google Ads management; from asking new clients the right questions to structuring an account effectively, and troubleshooting.
There are over 200 reviews from course students who claim their ROI for Google ads campaign improved significantly after implementing their learnings from God Tier Ads.
- Offered by: God Like
- Who are the instructors: Ed Leake
- What you’ll learn: Proven frameworks for ad ROI on Google and Facebook ads
- What’s the format: 55 lessons + 350 point interactive checklist
- Who they’re for: Agencies, freelancers and businesses
- Price: $499
Dave Ashley, Founder, Ashley Marketing Group
You truly are the Jesus of AdWords. Soon that pic of you will hang in agencies and they’ll tell their employees, ‘Blessed is the Ed, for he hath given us the path to profits.
2. CXL – Google Ads – Intermediate
Agency and SaaS founder Jonathan Dane presents this intermediate-to-advanced Google Ads course to learn how to reach the right target audience to get results. His methodology is all about effective prioritization.
The curriculum includes meaningful metrics, goal setting, the iceberg effect, targeting options, and optimization routines.
- Offered by: CXL
- Who are the instructors: Jonathan Dane
- What you’ll learn: How to drive business success with Google Ads in any industry
- What’s the format: 1 hour, 50 minute online course
- Who they’re for: Anyone who wants to improve their Google Ads campaigns
- Price: $1 for a 7-day trial, then $290/month or 1508/year on an annual subscription
Jevon Chin, Growth Marketer by Day - Digital Media Producer by Night
The Google Ads course was worth double the required time investment, and some of the principles are usable for other platforms as well. It was a no-nonsense course that went straight for the gold
3. Google Ads Mastery
A course created by the co-author of the world’s best-selling book on Google Ads, ‘The Ultimate Guide to Google Ads.’ This course consists of six lessons that dive deep into the main levers of Google Ads – targeting, messaging, and bidding.
You’ll also learn Mike’s five-step QUEST framework for optimization and the planning process that he adapted from a Navy Seal.
Offered by: AgencySavvy
- Who are the instructors: Mike Rhodes
- What you’ll learn: The three main levers of Google ads: bidding, targeting, and messaging
- What’s the format: A six-part, 10+ hour course
- Who they’re for: Anyone who wants to learn Google Ads from the ground up
- Price: $299 for a monthly membership of AgencySavvy
It’s fundamentally changed how I manage Google Ads accounts, and it’s seen me double those accounts.
Want to take your Google Ads skills to the next level?
4. Google Ads: Complete Guide
Perhaps the best Google Ads course that you’ll find for free. Written by experienced search engine marketing professional Corey Frankosky, the author of ‘Clickbank Affiliate Marketing Profits Right Now.’
The course is easy to follow and covers the basics in a coherent, organized manner.
- Offered by: Surfside PPC
- Who are the instructors: Corey Frankosky
- What you’ll learn: How Google ads work and how to get a campaign up and running
- What’s the format: A long-form blog post with videos, screenshots, and more
- Who they’re for: Anyone, particularly those who can’t afford a paid course
- Price: Free
Henry Silva, Engagement Manager, Keystone Strategy
Thank you! I love your content and you’ve helped me so much. I’m trying to specialize in paid media and I’m so glad I found your content. Keep up the great work!
5. Google Ads Mastery
Course instructor Jeff Sauer has been recognized by PPC Hero as one of the top 24 PPC experts on multiple occasions over the past decade. Since 2015, he’s launched several online training programs and helped over 17,000 students master PPC, digital marketing, data analytics, and agency business development.
In this course, Jeff shows you how to find low-cost keyword opportunities so you can maximize your ad budget. You will do keyword research and also learn some lesser-known tricks to increase your conversions.
- Offered by: Data Driven
- Who are the instructors: Jeff Sauer
- What you’ll learn: How to get faster and more impressive results from Google Ads
- What’s the format: 8 modules, 65 lessons and 15 hours of content
- Who they’re for: Google Ads practitioners who know the basics and are ready to level up
- Price: $299
Darren Eiswirth, Sr. UX/UI Designer at Amazon Prime
What I spend on Google Ads vs what I spent on your course and the money I’ve saved means it’s paid for itself ten times over!
6. CXL – Google Ads – Maximization
CXL is a trusted training resource for numerous world-leading brands like Amazon, Google, Cisco, HP, Udacity, Ikea, Hilton, and Gartner.
In this six-class course, the presenters promise to teach advanced techniques to help you to create, refine and convert laser-targeted PPC audiences. By the end of the course, you should be able to build higher converting audiences.
- Offered by: CXL Institute
- Who are the instructors: Joe Martinez and Michelle Morgan
- What you’ll learn: How to become great at maximizing audiences for PPC campaigns
- What’s the format: A six-hour online course
- Who they’re for: Anyone who’s looking to build higher-converting PPC audiences
- Price: ~$290/month with a $1 seven-day free trial
Elveena Yessoo, Acquisition Lead at Change Tech France
The course was clear and concise. It’s practical-focused rather than theoretical, so it was relatively easy to apply the different tactics to our clients’ accounts.
7. Udemy – Ultimate Google Ads Training 2021
Top companies such as WordPress, Box, and NetApp offer this Udemy course to their employees worldwide.
The fantastic online course that Udemy offers equips people and businesses with the know-how and abilities to design, oversee, and optimize fruitful Google Ads programs.
This course covers everything from the fundamentals of Google Ads to advanced tactics for improving ROI with thorough lessons, practical exercises, and real-world examples.
- Offered by: Udemy
- Who are the instructors: Isaac Rudansky
- What you’ll learn: How to set up your Google Ads account from scratch and the theory behind successful online advertising
- What’s the format: 17 modules, 136 lectures, and 24.5 hours of content
- Who they’re for: Beginners
- Students Enrolled: 180,000+
- Price: $80
Superb Google Ads training and super in-depth explanations of every section of the Google Ads platform. Highly recommend this for anyone advertising, managing, strategizing, selling, advanced, or just starting out to watch this course. Isaac does a wonderful job and it is well worth the small investment to improve a valuable skill. Click Track Marketing (my marketing blog) has stepped up its game because this course provides more
8. Google Skillshop – Google Ads Search Certification
Created by experts in Google Ads and with content approved by Google, Skillshop offers to provide step-by-step guidance aiming to enhance your skills in search engine marketing, PPC ads, and improving ROI.
Their examination consists of multiple-choice and true/false questions aiming to test your knowledge and passing them is mandatory for receiving your certification.
- Offered by: Google Skillshop
- What you’ll learn: How to develop efficient Google search campaigns and how to use Google Ads tools to optimize campaigns and track performance
- What’s the format: A four-hour online course
- Who they’re for: Beginners in marketing and business owners
- Price: Free
9. Skillshare – Digital Marketing with Google Ads (AdWords)
This Skillshare course has received over 8,000 enrollments and a flawless 100% score, demonstrating its popularity with both marketers and business owners.
Additionally, the course comes with a complimentary $500 Google Ads credit so you can use what you learn immediately without spending a fortune. Additionally, with step-by-step instructions on what to do (and what not to do), you’ll have faith in your ability to design successful and effective advertising campaigns.
The training also covers the cutting-edge Google Performance Max technology, in order to keep current and maximize your marketing efforts. You’ll also get a hands-on demonstration on how to apply your new knowledge using a genuine Google Ads account.
- Offered by: Skillshare
- Who are the instructors: Ben Lud
- What you’ll learn: How to construct search campaigns, display, and video advertisements, and how research click-through rate-boosting techniques
- What’s the format: 12 lessons, 1-2 hour worth of material
- Who they’re for: Beginners in digital marketing
- Price: Free if you have a Skillshare membership which costs $32 per month
Want to take your Google Ads skills to the next level?
10. Udemy – Google Ads For Beginners 2022 – Step By Step Process
This hands-on course will teach you how to build a successful campaign from scratch using a basic strategy and tools that will make your transition into digital advertising with Google Search Ads much easier.
You may download a ton of materials from the course, and there are additionally a ton of extra tips and tactics you can use.
- Offered by: Udemy
- Who are the instructors: Joshua George
- What you’ll learn: Setting up Google Ads, keyword research, match types, bidding strategies, Ad extensions, track conversions
- What’s the format: 11 modules, 66 lectures, and 9 hours of content
- Who they’re for: Anyone interested in learning about Google ads
- Students Enrolled: 4,400+
- Price: $90
11. Coursera – Google Ads for Beginners
Even though Coursera’s course is somewhat brief in comparison to others, it offers a lot in the areas of PPC advertising and digital marketing thanks to its step-by-step instructions and videos.
This course is one of the best Google Ads course for beginners, whether you’re hoping to start a career in digital marketing or simply want to increase your knowledge of Google Ads.
By the end of this course, you will receive a certificate, which will help you display your abilities to potential employers or clients and strengthen your resume.
- Offered by: Coursera
- Who are the instructors: Ishita Sinha
- What you’ll learn: How to get started with Google Search Ads and create successful campaigns to reach new customers and grow your business
- What’s the format: A two-hour online course
- Who they’re for: Beginners
- Students Enrolled: 130,00+
- Price: Free
It was a wonderful experience learning digital marketing tools and terms used to run Google Ads and mostly recommended it to all of those who are keen to learn basics with practical exposure.
12. ClickMinded – Paid Advertising Campaigns
ClickMinded is a massive library with an extensive collection of top-notch digital marketing courses trusted by more than 50,000 companies, including Microsoft, Grammarly, and Unicef.
Besides being well-organized and filled with tons of information, the course contains a variety of quizzes and challenges that help students absorb the information and put it into practice.
- Offered by: ClickMinded
- Who are the instructors: Lucas Lee-Tyson
- What you’ll learn: How to run world-class Google Ad & Facebook Ad campaigns
- What’s the format: 11 modules, 5-6 hours online course
- Who they’re for: Anyone interested in paid advertising
- Price: $999
Alisa Olari, SEO & PPC Executive
I am very happy that I’ve found ClickMinded courses. I’m using their step-by-step processes to practice my skills. I keep on learning lots of things and keep applying them to my work projects to see the results. I am improving myself each day…. And all credit goes to ClickMinded!
These courses are great for teaching you the foundational knowledge you require to run Google Ads that convert. You’ll learn the basic principles quickly and how to make them actionable for your business.
But what happens when challenges crop up? These courses tend to fall short for answering specific, complex questions about Google Ads. One of the fastest ways to get answers that boost your ad ROI is to get advice from an expert.
That’s where GrowthMentor comes in. You can book a call with one of our 83+ Google Ads experts who have learned the hard way how to run successful Google Ad campaigns. The mentors will give you advice on your campaigns and help you leverage your ad spend.