Tired of spending hours on search engines looking for advice?
Skip the research and get the answers straight from an expert.Unlimited startup mentorship for $75/mo
How Growth Mentor works?
Browse through our list of +200 mentors using the filters. Make sure to read their profiles and reviews in depth, and make your choice.
Found the perfect mentor for you? Awesome, time to request a call. Tell them a bit about your situation, choose a time, and get it set on your calendar.
Time for the call, yay! Make sure you show up on time and prepared to make the most out of it. Pro tip: Ask your mentor if it’s ok to record the screen so you can take notes later.
Why talk to an Optimizely expert?
Optimizely is a leading experimentation platform that helps marketers and product teams run A/B tests.
How a growth mentor can help you with Optimizely:
- You might be considering purchasing Optimizely but want to first talk with real power users to get their 1:1 feedback
- You’re a new Optimizely user and are curious how other startups are using Optimizely to setup experiments
- You are an Optimizely consultant and want to do market research on what real life users of Optimizely have issues with
- You want to hack the learning curve of Optimizely and get direct feedback rather than spending hours reading KB posts or messing about with their support
Whether it’s your first time setting up Optimizely or you’re an experienced conversion rate optimization specialist that’s been using it for years, it can’t hurt to speak to other Optimizely experts to get their take on how to maximize the impact of this super powerful tool.
Related Use Cases
Get help making sure your startup has a unique voice that differentiates you against the competition.
Entrepreneurship truly is a roller-coaster. The cliche about the ups and the downs ain’t no joke.
If you’re a lean team, building out expansive content clusters is impossible. But how many is “enough?”
Get help figuring out which social media channels to prioritize. Each have their quirks.
Get ideas on how to start an outbound sales process without a large team.
Companies that invest in customer success programs have lower churn rates than those that don’t. Get help setting up yours.
Frequently asked questions
We have a very detailed filter system for you to sort the mentors. Filters like areas of expertise, tools, language, price and industry.
Members can also post a help request and have mentors apply to help if they feel they are a good fit.
Then the third option is to just ask us! Give it a try right now and ask us on live chat 🙂
- Google Hangouts
Mentors and mentees are able to set their communication tools in their profile settings.
It is a good idea to connect with the other person once the session is accepted and the details are given. This ensures that the correct details were given and when it is time to start, you can start on time.
Here are some tips on how to get the maximum bang for your time on growth mentor calls.
- Come into this with realistic expectations. They’re mentors, not magicians.
- Ask your mentor if they’d be cool with you recording your screen with Loom
- Give contextual information to help paint the picture of your current situation.
- Growth mentors will be asking you lots of questions, answer them as honest as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to push the boundaries of question asking. Be inquisitive. Stories are gold.
- Don’t feel pressure, just relax. There’s no right/wrong way to do this. Avoid binary thinking.
- Try to form mental patterns, especially if you speak with multiple mentors. Pay attention to metadata.
- Embrace alternative views. Ask the mentors to play devil’s advocate and challenge your assumptions.
- Be friendly and authentic. If you’re likable, the mentors will be your biggest supporters (even after the call is over).
Yup! Many of the mentors offer monthly coaching packages for members who want to really dive deep into a specific area.
Each mentor creates their own package so what they offer and the price vary from mentor to mentor. You can find their coaching info at the top of their profile.
Join the GrowthMentor Community
- Direct access to schedule 1:1 calls
- Ability to post help requests
- Opt in for 1:1 monthly coaching packages
- Weekly check-ins with our Accountability Coach
- Unlimited calls with mentors listed as FREE
- Membership to private Slack Community
- Ongoing support from admin with mentor suggestions