- 1.We're introducing a batch system for onboarding new growth mentors
- 2.Here are the 25 new Growth Mentors of August
- 3.Here are the 15 new Growth Mentors of September
- 4.Here are the 15 new Growth Mentors of October
- 5.Here are the 8 new Growth Mentors of November
- 6.Here are the 6 new Growth Mentors of December
Today we’re announcing a new method of mentor onboarding based on a batch system.
How we onboarded mentors before
Up until now, mentors could apply here, and the vetting process would begin.
If they passed the vetting process they’d get onboarded.
Sometimes we’d add 5 mentors in a month, while other months we’d add 20.
It was all kind of random.
Why we’re switching to a batch system
It’s more intentional
Adding new mentors to the pool willy nilly isn’t intentional. By switching to a batch method, we are more mindful of what type of mentors would add the most value at this point in time. For example, if there’s a lot of demand for Facebook ads experts, we’ll make it known that we’re prioritizing adding mentors with Facebook ads skills.
It increases the exclusivity
By being transparent about how many new mentors we’ll be taking on each month we are leveraging the power of scarcity and increasing the exclusivity appeal, thus increasing the desirability of being a mentor.
It gives us something to talk about each month
We’ve just created a new monthly habit out of thin air. The last day of every month from this point onwards we’ll be promoting a blog post showcasing the newest growth mentors which we’ll share on social media.
It gives some metadata about the mentors
Each mentor gives some background information and answers a few questions to help you best decide who would be a good fit for you. The questions they answer in each post are:
- In your words, what does a growth mindset mean to you?
- If you could mentor a startup on one topic, what would it be?
- Describe an out of the box solution to a complex problem that made you proud of yourself?
It helps promote the profiles of the new mentors
Since the mentor rankings are based on the count of reviews they have, new mentors who are just starting out and do not have any reviews could use a bit of a promo boost to get some early traction on the platform.
It’s kind of fun!