We aim to have the crème de la crème of growth experts on GrowthMentor.
The more info and background displayed on the profile, the better a prospective mentee can select the right mentor.
This saves a lot of time on both ends and makes sure that the match is a good one.
What are the minimum requirements?
Your profile won’t go live until you fill in the following minimum requirements.
- Basic Profile info (name, etc.)
- At least 1 objective specialty
- At least 1 technical specialty
- Hourly Rate
- At least 1 slot filled on your availability.
- Stripe connected
- Communication platform set (Skype, Hangouts, or Zoom)
Filling in the above should take around 15 minutes of time and we make it easy to track your progress with our onboarding checklist shown below.
Optional profile fields:
The below fields are optional, but filling them in will make your profile stand out.
Much of this info is probably already listed on LinkedIn and a simple copy/paste should do the job.
- Work experience
- Best written content
Overview of mentor profile fields
Let’s now dive into the different profile fields!
Youtube Introduction Video
Did you know that mentors who have a video in their profile are twice as likely to get session bookings?
An introductory video is a great (and probably the most important) addition to a complete profile.
Best practices for your intro video
- Start with introducing yourself and then transition to briefly mentioning your qualifications, experience, special skills.
- Make sure you talk about how your personal experience/journey can help potential mentees avoid the growing pains of developing their startup.
- Keep it short – optimal video length is between 30 and 60 seconds.
Where to set your intro video
Set your intro video on this link in your settings profile here.
Over here you’re free to give a bit more background behind who you are, your experiences in growth, and how you think you can help.
Displayed on your profile page, write freely here, limited to 3,000 characters.
This section shows off what tools you have experience with.
This is an incredibly valuable part of your profile because so many times startups have immediate problems that involve the proper usage of a tool (or a combination of tools).
By showing off what tools you’ve got first-hand experience with, you increase your profile’s exposure on the software filter search.
The work experience section on your profile shows what you’ve worked on, your accomplishments during that job, and how that helped you grow into who you are today.
You’ll also be able to assign industry tags to your work experience. Mentees can filter based on your industry tags.
You’re on the Growthmentor platform because you’ve got experience and insights that can help others grow, showcase it!
We felt that work experience alone wasn’t enough to fully define our growth mentors.
This is why we added the ability for mentors to go into more detail about projects they’ve worked on to add more context.
Ideas for what to add to the “projects” section:
- Projects you’ve successfully completed for clients and the results thereof
- Startup side projects you’ve started but perhaps for some reason, didn’t materialise into fully baked product launches, but still played a formative role in your professional development. Mention them here!
- Extra-curricular projects like charity works, or non-profit initiatives that you were a part of
This one’s self-explanatory, but the best education entries will be specific and mention how these studies helped propel you into the person that you are today.
Not all education is in formal schooling.
Some of the most valuable professional lessons are learned via online courses or offline certifications.
Mention the certificates you’re most proud of here to create a 3D picture of what your capabilities really are.
My Best Written Content
You can really tell a lot about how someone thinks by the way they write.
Adding your best-written content that exemplifies your top professional skills as a growth mentor is a fresh way of communicating your personal brands’ value to potential mentees.
Need help setting up your profile?
Contact me at email@example.com and I can jump on a Skype, Google Hangouts, or Zoom call with you to walk through your profile with you and offer real-time optimization tips so your profile can truly shine.